ISO - A long range

Hey everyone. I've been wanting to get into the long range game for a while since I bought my 700... I realize I'm basically in the absolute worst place in the country for long range precision shooting but I'll give it a go... does anyone know of, or may be willing to let me tag along at, a long rifle range? something over 200 yards, up to 500 or 600. I really want to stretch my Rifle's legs and see what I'm personally capable of. most clubs near me are either only 200 yards, or require a huge membership commitment (cost, and community service).

I live on the cape, and I cant justify spending several hundred dollars on range memberships to clubs 3 hours away I'll use maybe 3 or 4 times before the summer ends (I go active duty in the Air Force in April of 2017 fyi). So if there are any members who have secret spots, or can sponsor me as a guest who may also be into long range, I'd be happy to make your acquaintance.

40 bucks to shoot up to 500 yards? IN

Keep in mind it is a range not a club, which is a good thing but can be an annoyance at the same time. For $40 bucks who cares?

Last time I was there (2013), it had steel hanging at 200, 300, and 500, but to hang paper at those ranges you ask to shut the entire facility down.

You can shoot out to 600yds most any weekend in New England without being a member of a club. Either Reading, MA, Nashua, NH, Pelham, NH, or Scarborough, ME will be hosting a 200-300-600 Highpower Rifle competition.

Back
Top Bottom