• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Israel to 'expedite' gun licenses after deadly shooting near Jerusalem synagogue

Reptile

NES Member

Friday night's occurred as residents were observing the Jewish sabbath​

Israel is poised to speed up gun applications in response to a shooting in East Jerusalem over the weekend that left seven people – including a 70-year-old woman – dead.

The measure was among several that Israel’s Security Cabinet announced Saturday evening.

Friday night's occurred as residents were observing the Jewish sabbath​

Israel is poised to speed up gun applications in response to a shooting in East Jerusalem over the weekend that left seven people – including a 70-year-old woman – dead.

The measure was among several that Israel’s Security Cabinet announced Saturday evening.

Why does every news article have to highlight one age?

I watched a news clip that said the same but instead of a 70 year old woman, it pointed out there was a 15 year old kid. Appealing to emotions.

Kill enough Israeli Jews and the powers that be in Israel will temporarily make it a bit easier for those still alive to protect themselves.

Too bad the dead ones aren't able to take advantage of that pending policy change. :(

74 years of this stuff…and they’re finally doing this…now?

I was going to say, despite all the pics we see of hot IDF chicks (not sure if there are any guys or ugly gals in the IDF, then again I don't really care) walking around with "empty" (I hear flush fit 5 round mags are popular) M-16s - isn't Israel kind of difficult to carry a firearm for a civilian? Not Massachusetts difficult, but harder than it should be, especially with all the potential time bombs, literally, walking around.

isn't Israel kind of difficult to carry a firearm for a civilian? Not Massachusetts difficult, but harder than it should be
My impression from reading about it over the years is that outside of West Bank settlements that it was actually more restrictive than Massachusetts, and that it was frowned upon by the authori-ties. I always thought that was strange given the rough neighborhood they live in.

Always wondered how gun rights/privileges worked in Israel in actual practice. Seems like it's 'may issue' like NYC so your chances of being allowed to have the guns depends heavily on a range of parameters. You see IDF reservists walking around carrying their M4s and Tavors with the mag in a 90 degree mag block holder. But you also see illegal Jewish settlers heavily tooled up and open carrying some serious hardware themselves when out and about, with mags fully seated and loaded. Uzis, Tavors, M4/M16s, etc. Who else is allowed to carry? Can Arab-Israelis have guns?

Always wondered how gun rights/privileges worked in Israel in actual practice. Seems like it's 'may issue' like NYC so your chances of being allowed to have the guns depends heavily on a range of parameters. You see IDF reservists walking around carrying their M4s and Tavors with the mag in a 90 degree mag block holder.
IDF regulation requires mag out of the gun while off duty. The regulation does not prohibit carrying mag together with the rifle.

But you also see illegal Jewish settlers heavily tooled up and open carrying some serious hardware themselves when out and about, with mags fully seated and loaded. Uzis, Tavors, M4/M16s, etc.
There is nothing illegal about Jewish settlements in Judea and Samaria, contrary to what the misinformation that the liberal propaganda has been pushing. The fact that Jordan illegally occupied these two pieces of ancestral Jewish homeland from 1948 to 1967 in no way entitles Arabs to this land. Judea and Samaria are a dangerous place due to Arab terrorism. Israel issues various surplus military weapons to the settlers for self-defense. In the past I've seen old M16s. I haven't seen M4s or Tavors, but would not be at all surprised to see them used.

Who else is allowed to carry? Can Arab-Israelis have guns?
Anyone who either served in the IDF or is eligible to serve in the IDF can get a gun permit, unless disqualified by issue like having a criminal record. Arabs who served in the IDF voluntarily (they are exempt from draft) are every bit as eligible as Jews. Israeli law does not discriminate on the basis of race or ethnicity.

Back
Top Bottom