• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Issued used firearm

Hey like stated clean it,make sure it works,and carry it.As long as they don't give you reloads your ok.

Dirty and holster wear, perfect.
You at least have a high percentage that the previous user didnt screw it up cleaning it.

You're lucky you're getting a GLOCK! Could be worse.... You could have gotten a Used Smith SW40VE [rofl] [rofl] [rofl] [rofl]
Or a S&W Model 10-13 with a trigger that stacked so bad you change your grip 3/4 through the trigger stroke to make it actually go bang.

I wasn't issued that one individually. That was all of them at my agency.

I was issued a Sig P229 and 3 full Mags, the top few loaded Rounds in each mag were worn down so much from unloading the round from the chamber for years, make sure you check your rounds unless your given your own new ammo. My disclaimer is it was when I was assigned to transportation for a short time while working at the jail so not so much a crime fighter but still my gun was used and abused without it being fired much. I didn’t give a shit though I was able to use my own ammo on my time and I shot it a bunch to make sure it was in working order. I was under strict orders to reload the mags with the EXACT ammo that was given to me with the gun and to carry it with said ammo.

That gun was probably shot twice a year and has more holster wear than barrel wear.

I was issued a Sig P229 and 3 full Mags, the top few loaded Rounds in each mag were worn down so much from unloading the round from the chamber for years, make sure you check your rounds unless your given your own new ammo. My disclaimer is it was when I was assigned to transportation for a short time while working at the jail so not so much a crime fighter but still my gun was used and abused without it being fired much. I didn’t give a shit though I was able to use my own ammo on my time and I shot it a bunch to make sure it was in working order. I was under strict orders to reload the mags with the EXACT ammo that was given to me with the gun and to carry it with said ammo.

That is a FULLY retarded policy and completely disregards bullet setback from slamming the same rounds into battery constantly.

Quick question. I’m at the tail end of a academy. Yesterday the firearms unit came into the class and issued us our Glocks. I noticed they were all dirty and had holster wear. I asked if these were training pistols and we were told these were our sidearms until the department got around to getting new ones. Does it seem messed up that we’re going to be sent on the street with old guns? I assumed we would get brand new, in the box and get to break them in ourselves. God knows how many rounds have gone down the barrels of those things
U get what u get and u don’t get upset! U could always be a Civilian or Veteran with 2nd class citizen pee-on status in this State. When u graduate save some detail money and enjoy your shiny new Law Enforcement Exemption and I can get whatever I want status. Sorry, but I could care less what piece of shit Glock they issued you because police turn ins are the only thing people in this state have the permission to get and pay new prices for. It sounds like I’m getting on you and I hate LE but that’s not the case. My brother and most of my friends are LE. I think this is the wrong forum to complain about this topic, try MassCops. It’s kinda of touchy subject for most gun owners in this state. Good luck in your new job, I mean it. God bless.

You wouldn't believe where the Marine Corps sent me with guns that were older than I was! I was sooo ascared.

LOL, sure you were scared. Marines gave my Dad a UH-34 helicopter to fly into combat that was old as F and a Thompson that was probably older than my Grandfather. I think he was good with that, because he had a dozen widowmaker jokes for the CH-46's that his squadron eventually flew. Also he loved the Thompson and regretted not snagging it to take home.

OP, it's a Glock. Just throw it in the dishwasher when your wife is not looking.

U get what u get and u don’t get upset! U could always be a Civilian or Veteran with 2nd class citizen pee-on status in this State. When u graduate save some detail money and enjoy your shiny new Law Enforcement Exemption and I can get whatever I want status. Sorry, but I could care less what piece of shit Glock they issued you because police turn ins are the only thing people in this state have the permission to get and pay new prices for. It sounds like I’m getting on you and I hate LE but that’s not the case. My brother and most of my friends are LE. I think this is the wrong forum to complain about this topic, try MassCops. It’s kinda of touchy subject for most gun owners in this state. Good luck in your new job, I mean it. God bless.

Holy Necro thread reply Batman......

PS MassCops is basically dead, the original owner sold it and it went to sh*t in a short period of time.

Besides too many cops have gotten jammed up for posting their personal opinions on that board and getting outed... wasn't it a MSP from that ATV incident on the Expressway that got jammed up pretty good because of his Mass Cops comments?

And we wonder why cops won't stay on NES?

Holy Necro thread reply Batman......

PS MassCops is basically dead, the original owner sold it and it went to sh*t in a short period of time.

Besides too many cops have gotten jammed up for posting their personal opinions on that board and getting outed... wasn't it a MSP from that ATV incident on the Expressway that got jammed up pretty good because of his Mass Cops comments?

And we wonder why cops won't stay on NES?
Cops getting jammed up on a cop site, that’s priceless! Lol!😂😂😂😂😂

You realize that the OP started this in Jan/‘18 right? Lot of wasted emotion for someone that hasn't been back since then.

It went to shit a lot longer ago than that! Members threatening other LEOs (Fed in one case and Deputy Sheriffs on an emergency call in another case) on that forum that Gil (founding owner) refused to do anything about, etc.

Back
Top Bottom