• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

It’s been a long time since I

eboos

NES Member
Back in the late 90’s and early 2000’s I was stationed in Quantico at the Precision Weapons Shop. Before I left there I was the SNCOIC of pistol section. We built all the Marine Corps national match pistols and the MEUSOC pistols. Nearly 300 per year. Needless to say, I did a crap ton of slide fitting/tightening. Left for recruiting duty summer 2001, and really hadn’t done any smithing since.

Well today I just got a new RMR cut slide for my G34. It fits in typical Glock fashion: loose but not completely all over the place. I figured that I could tune this up a bit. The rails are paper thin compared to a 1911, and after a few hammer strikes in the front tab area of the slide I wasn’t seeing any appreciable metal movement. I chose to just say eff it and run it as is to avoid the possibility of cracking the slide rail. It’s been a long time since I did any gunsmithing. Too bad I don’t have any government provided guns to practice on anymore.

Back
Top Bottom