• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

It's 2022 - anyone still carrying a revolver?

I used to carry an old, stainless Model 37 until I got a nickel Model 10 snubbie.

I carry it with certain kinds of shirts, because it conceals so well.

ETA: Oh! Shit! I forgot; the stainless one was a Model 36, and I still have it. The '37 I sold.

Last edited:
Cold rain or winter hiking, I’ll carry my Ruger LCR 357mag in a paddle holster. I can wear anything, put a nylon belt on, and clip the paddle over it. I keep it lubed with Hornady One-Shot dry lube.

If snowshoeing, I’ll put a chest rig on with my Ruger 57 - just because…

357 was my primary care you for a while there.

The only thing is it’s so damn light you can lose it and not even know. And that’s why I stopped caring it

LCP in .327 Federal Magnum. Because 6 is more than 5, even if the stuff is unobtanium and spendy. 🙄
The Speer Gold Dots are spicy!

I think you have a typo - LCR not LCP, been thinking about one of those myself. Have a Ruger Single-Seven in 327 that I love. I do have an LCR in 357 but like the idea of the additional shot with one in 327.

I think you have a typo - LCR not LCP, been thinking about one of those myself. Have a Ruger Single-Seven in 327 that I love. I do have an LCR in 357 but like the idea of the additional shot with one in 327.

Yes, typo indeed. Corrected.
I wish the .327 had caught on more to give it a larger following and better ammo support. Hits harder than .38 with an extra round to boot. Recoil isn’t mild with magnum loads, but practicing with .32 S&W long, or even .32 makes for cheaper muscle memory training.

My LCRX .38 is my office backup gun, once or twice I have come to the office without my EDC and I’ll slip that in my pocket. Or when I’m in the office alone I’ll stage it in a pop out undermount desk safe out in the main office area since I usually put my EDC in the one at my desk when I’m sitting down and leave it there when I go out in the main area.

I always say I should carry revolver more but I don’t.

Back
Top Bottom