It's 2022 - anyone still carrying a revolver?

Well, I have 7 different Smith snubbies now that I bought the 360, PD, Air Lite, .357. Dont think I'll ever shoot .357's out of it, but I have to say that I'm really liking this lightweight snubby for summer carry, or for the quick, late night run to the store for milk. For carry around the house its great too. It'll get me to the Glock 21 if there's a home invasion, which will probably never happen.
I had a 360PD airlight, and you are right about the weight, it's super light. I shot .357 out of it once, and tore the skin on my hand between my thumb and finger. It bled like a bastid. Stick with .38 for sure. I ended up selling it, and lately I've been carrying my wife's 442.

Same thoughts here, I got an LCR in 357 just to have the option of 357 (and a 357 LCR only weight a couple ounces more) but always shoot/carry 38 in it.
And I made the conscious decision to get the 38 spl when I bought my LCR, because I know that I would go full retard and load it up with Buffalo Bore Heavy .357 Mag

The 38 spl protects me...mostly from my questionable judgement

I swap between these two.

Top is old school no lock S&W 638 with Barami Hip Grips and Tyler T. Loaded with 5 Federal Nyclad HP. Grab and go Mexican carry

Bottom is a recent acquisition CZ 2075 RAMI 10+1 9mm Speer Gold Dot. IWB leather holster for now but going to look into kydex for 3:30 IWB
20220123_154412.jpg

I've been thinking about carrying my Ruger GP100 6" in a vertical shoulder holster during the winter because why the eff not. Can anyone recommend a holster?

I've been thinking about carrying my Ruger GP100 6" in a vertical shoulder holster during the winter because why the eff not. Can anyone recommend a holster?

360PD FEDERAL HST DEEP OR FEDERAL PUNCH GREAT 38SPL GREAT BALISTICS YOU WILL GET ALL FIVE ON TARGET QUICK. I WILL TAKE TAKE OVER THE 357

i hear those russian trained bears are a handful. you don't want to stumble across one jumping through a hoop in the wild.
We are told that one summer back in the day
a circus performer brought his trained bear with him
to a wilderness hotel in the Adirondacks.

It was quite a hit amongst the sports and guides,
but one day the bear escaped.
The man plead with tears in his eyes
for everyone to help him find his meal ticket friend.

A search party found the bear in a clearing,
going through its performance,
waiting for the noms to arrive...

These dichotomies don't make a lot of sense to me. If I thought I was going to be in a self-defense gun fight there, I wouldn't go. If I thought it was kind of seedy there but everything would probably be all right, I'm probably going to carry the largest semi-auto that I can deal with, and one or two extra mags. If I'm going to the grocery store in my town, I'm carrying a 642 instead of nothing. Yeah, if I get attacked by an El Salvadoran gang that parachuted in, I'm going to be in big trouble.

Except that sometimes 13 9mms becomes 1 and jam when in panic mode. Five 38s is nothing to sneeze at, and you rarely ever see a Revo jam.
I have shots thousands of rounds without a jam. I will take my chances

These dichotomies don't make a lot of sense to me. If I thought I was going to be in a self-defense gun fight there, I wouldn't go. If I thought it was kind of seedy there but everything would probably be all right, I'm probably going to carry the largest semi-auto that I can deal with, and one or two extra mags. If I'm going to the grocery store in my town, I'm carrying a 642 instead of nothing. Yeah, if I get attacked by an El Salvadoran gang that parachuted in, I'm going to be in big trouble.
I carry a handgun when I am 100% certain, without a shadow of doubt that I absolutely won’t be in a gunfight. Otherwise, I carry a rifle (And it won't have a 5-round capacity.)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom