• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

It's 2022 - anyone still carrying a revolver?

My mom's been carrying her Model 36 since her days as a deputy sheriff in the '70s; still grabs it when she goes for a walk and until recently took it along to clear the local historical society when the alarm company called (she decided as she was approaching her 78th birthday that it was time for someone a bit younger and healthier to check the East Goatscrew Vermont Historical Society at oh-dark-thirty).

60-15 pro-serries, in a simple paddle holster.
Sweet little gun with nice balance between concealability and shootability.

View attachment 559147

I've transitioned towards revolvers as my CCW. Have a 327 TRR8 as well, that i just started carrying in a cross draw holster.

Revolvers are also much easier for my wife, who has a hard time loading magazines and racking slides.

View attachment 559148
I bought a 60-15 a few years back. Of my 6 Smith j frames I believe the 3" 60-15 to be about the best J frame Smith has ever made.

I'll rock a Colt Detective Special in .38 stainless when feeling squirrely in warm months and a S&W 686 in .357 for those winter hikes and explorations. The 1911 is still my favorite in 45 and 10mm but I like to celebrate both caliber and frame diversity. No judging here.

I want to get an LCR in .357 this year. Maybe, but still carry an sw 637 daily.

I like the thought of a Snubbie in 9mm, but don't understand enough About moon clips.

All our other non .22lr pistols Arle 9mm.

Why the keyboard is capping As is just funny tonight.
There are lots of horror stories about bullets creeping forward in 9mm LCRs and locking them up.

Yeah, but that's a 1911! Not some silly little snubbie that the girls chuckle at when you draw!
Just because I am willing to spend $40 bucks on a steak, doesn't mean I want to spend $35 on a cheeseburger! [laugh]
Honestly, a .357 round center mass is nothing for girls or guys to chuckle about

There are lots of horror stories about bullets creeping forward in 9mm LCRs and locking them up.
Yeah, I think I'm gonna pass on 9mm in revolvers. The only real interest is calibre commonality.

Will probably look for something in .357. maybe not a carry wheel gun next. Though the LCRs just feel good. And having a second familiar 38spl would be good.

I am a big fan of exposed hammer, hence the sw 637.

The thing that surprises me most about them is the robustness. If you do your part, they just work.

While the photos and stories are great... what I like most about this thread, are the long-timers who haven't posted since Obama was at 1600 Penn ave.

Wheelguns will do that...

1641270338442.png

Sure kid, whatever you say. Now, go back to your luxury suite in the basement and play "Call of Daddy" until Mommy makes your PB&J sangwich.

Here we see the boomer in his natural habitat. Watch as he attempts to disguise his weakness as unique strength. Clearly a fascinating specimen from a bygone Era.

Back
Top Bottom