It's 2022 - anyone still carrying a revolver?

Sure kid, whatever you say. Now, go back to your luxury suite in the basement and play "Call of Daddy" until Mommy makes your PB&J sangwich.
No, I get it. I'd be pretty miffed too if my 40 years of obsolete gun knowledge could so easily be invalidated by half an hour of research online.
Anyway, I didn't mean to disturb you. Go back to reloading .283 Wilfred Brimley Magnum or whatever caliber you're trying to convince yourself is making a comeback.

No, I get it. I'd be pretty miffed too if my 40 years of obsolete gun knowledge could so easily be invalidated by half an hour of research online.
Anyway, I didn't mean to disturb you. Go back to reloading .283 Wilfred Brimley Magnum or whatever caliber you're trying to convince yourself is making a comeback.
Can you go play with yourself somewhere else, preferably in traffic? It's always cute when some neckbeard thinks he knows what he's talking about but it's getting old now so stop gaying up my thread.

Anyways, I've got my LCR .38 on me today.
PXL_20220104_115823307.jpg

Can you go play with yourself somewhere else, preferably in traffic? It's always cute when some neckbeard thinks he knows what he's talking about but it's getting old now so stop gaying up my thread.

View attachment 560093
Buying an LCR when the S&W Model 49 exists... that's a big oof.

Attachments

• 20210207_201720.jpg
    20210207_201720.jpg
    311.5 KB · Views: 18
I've never fired one of those. Maybe because I've always found a Smith revolver that filled any niche I needed filled. Ironically, the first non Colt/non Smith revolver I fired was a Ruger Single Action revolver.

That doesn't mean I'd reject a Ruger out of hand, and their 9mm revolver does have some attraction to it.

View attachment 560093

Here we see the boomer in his natural habitat. Watch as he attempts to disguise his weakness as unique strength. Clearly a fascinating specimen from a bygone Era.
I'm a boomer and I have snubbies. Nightly my 2", 357, 649 sits between a pair of glock 19's in the night stand. Should a situation arise that requires increased persuasion, nerby.there are a pair of pre ban, Colt, AR's and a Benelli M1 Super. 90 to further disguise my weakness. I suspect that my boomer disguise is better than yours young sir. I hope for your sake, that your weakness disguise is at least as good as your propensity to open your mouth and insert your foot

I'm not a boomer, nor do I like them a whole lot, but I love snubbies and I'm not about to shit on 40 years' worth of esoteric gun knowledge.

But then, I enjoy learning about guns and discussing them with like-minded people. YMMV.

I'm not a boomer, nor do I like them a whole lot, but I love snubbies and I'm not about to shit on 40 years' worth of esoteric gun knowledge.

But then, I enjoy learning about guns and discussing them with like-minded people. YMMV.

I strongly dislike revolvers except for the Webley MkVI.

Reality is this: getting into gun debates and shitting on other people's gun choices is pointless. If I did a poll, I bet 90-99% of people on here have never been in a defensive gun use. Most won't. Out of all gun owners, how many have serious, intensive training? Training that special forces guys or professional shooters get? Very few. How many are serious competitors with intensive competition calendars? Again, few.

For most people here in the US, guns are a consumer luxury. Someone who needs a gun immediately and doesn't already have one will grab a Hi Point or a Holland and Holland - whatever puts lead down range and neutralizes the threat. If someone's in the military or police, they get what they're issued unless they're required to provide their own.

Buy, shoot, and carry what makes you happy.

I'm a boomer and I have snubbies. Nightly my 2", 357, 649 sits between a pair of glock 19's in the night stand. Should a situation arise that requires increased persuasion, nerby.there are a pair of pre ban, Colt, AR's and a Benelli M1 Super. 90 to further disguise my weakness. I suspect that my boomer disguise is better than yours young sir. I hope for your sake, that your weakness disguise is at least as good as your propensity to open your mouth and insert your foot
What is your life that you keep 3 handguns in your nightstand...? I understand wanting to be prepared, but shit...

I have a holster for every handgun I own (OK, there's only three, but...).

So I *can* carry my Model 66-8 4.25" .357, but don't. It's heavy vs the M&P9c I EDC. The holster is also an OWB style, and I'm a believer in concealed being tactically advantageous.

Here we see the boomer in his natural habitat. Watch as he attempts to disguise his weakness as unique strength. Clearly a fascinating specimen from a bygone Era.
Yes, folks over 50 tend to fascinate kids from Generation Low T. I think the documented low testosterone of millennials and gen z males causes them to disrespect the generations that came before them because they can't do real man stuff like change a tire or split firewood, and Barney the Purple Dinosaur told your generation that they were special, but by special he meant retarded.
Nope, Gen Low T can't fix a broken pipe, change their own oil or use a hammer, but they can tweet, wear a man bun and write code, and I am sure that some females and gender fluid folks find that attractive.

Hey now, just because he had to bring his .40 M&P to a gunsmith to attach his $50 red dot, doesn't mean his T levels are low - he might be a trans man. At least now he has something to show off on Instagram and reddit.

Yes, folks over 50 tend to fascinate kids from Generation Low T. I think the documented low testosterone of millennials and gen z males causes them to disrespect the generations that came before them because they can't do real man stuff like change a tire or split firewood, and Barney the Purple Dinosaur told your generation that they were special, but by special he meant retarded.
Nope, Gen Low T can't fix a broken pipe, change their own oil or use a hammer, but they can tweet, wear a man bun and write code, and I am sure that some females and gender fluid folks find that attractive.
You're shitting me, right...?

I respect a virtually all of the generations that came before me, just not baby boomers. You can blame that on whatever you like, but the truth is, you inherited the world, and left it in flames in your retirement.

And yes, we are very proficient with technology. That's probably why we use it to our advantage instead of falling for Nigerian scams a 14 year old could spot a mile away.

Hey now, just because he had to bring his .40 M&P to a gunsmith to attach his $50 red dot, doesn't mean his T levels are low - he might be a trans man. At least now he has something to show off on Instagram and reddit.
I'm more off-put by the allegation of using .40 caliber or an M&P than I am at the testosterone bit.

I respect a virtually all of the generations that came before me, just not baby boomers. You can blame that on whatever you like, but the truth is, you inherited the world, and left it in flames in your retirement.

And yes, we are very proficient with technology. That's probably why we use it to our advantage instead of falling for Nigerian scams a 14 year old could spot a mile away.
I am not a boomer. But nice try.

I am probably 15 years from retirement, but I will retire very comfortably. I bought a house when I was 23 and still own it. Just paid it off.
I have three kids, paid for college, with no loans. I am the generation that took over after the boomers. The world I inherited was what I made of it. I enlisted in the USMC when I was still 17. Got out, got married, raised a family and built a business. Know what I didn't do? Whine like a bitch about what boomers left me.
Stop feeling sorry for yourself and the cards you were dealt. Man up.

What is your life that you keep 3 handguns in your nightstand...? I understand wanting to be prepared, but shit...
You seem to be having trouble staying focused. My lifestyle is not your post that I responded to. The purpose of your post was to disrespect boomers that liked/have snubbies. Further you were suggesting that boomers among other things were perhaps less prepared in this day and age. My response to your post exemplifies your total lack of understanding boomers.
I would likely go to the 649 bodyguard in a bedroom invasion scenario. My 649 sports a big dot night sight and lazer grips. 5 rounds shot placement with a lazer sight at bedroom distance would be rather decisive. If for some reason more rounds were needed I guess I could grab a glock. Its more likely I'd reload the 649 with a speed loader though.
If your nightstand isn't up to the standard I set for myself maybe I ( a lowly boomer) could loan you, ( a superior milenial ), a pre ban Glock 19 and a 33 round pre ban 9mm happy stick, to insure that your armed milenial status is upgraded to adequit.

Don't keep us in suspense. What are you carrying?

LMAO. You think your world is in flames? You should have tried my world in 1968 an 1969. Now that was a world in REAL flames. That was the world I inherited from the generation before me and I believe you indicated the generation before me is one of the generation you revere. Dah!

Generally it varies by what I'm wearing, but this winter I've been alternating between a P365 and Glock 42.
My nephew has a P365. He admits that he shoots my sig 938 much better. Its a single stack 9mm thats accurate and has superior stopping power to your glock 42.
If you must carry a glock 42 at least study the ballistics of the .380. For superior penetration and expansion in your .380 the ammo that fills that need best is the Hornady critical defense .380 round.

My mistake, this winter I've been alternating between my P365 and Glock *26*.

My G42 is my summer pocket gun, and I carry Federal HSTs.

Back
Top Bottom