• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

It's 2022 - anyone still carrying a revolver?

Revolvers are cool. I carry a 642 when i need to grab and go and cant really dress around a gun. It disappears comfortably at 3-4:00 which i cant do with my g19, or if i need to pocket carry.

Im at a point in my life where ive legitimately needed to downsize to one gun, and while i love my snub i chose a G19 over it.

... carry a 642 when i need to grab and go and cant really dress around a gun. It disappears comfortably at 3-4:00 which i cant do with my g19, or if i need to pocket carry.

... legitimately needed to downsize to one gun, and while i love my snub i chose a G19 over it.

Not sure how you came to this decision. They are not even close!

1665182564180.png

I'm a boomer and I have snubbies. Nightly my 2", 357, 649 sits between a pair of glock 19's in the night stand. Should a situation arise that requires increased persuasion, nerby.there are a pair of pre ban, Colt, AR's and a Benelli M1 Super. 90 to further disguise my weakness. I suspect that my boomer disguise is better than yours young sir. I hope for your sake, that your weakness disguise is at least as good as your propensity to open your mouth and insert your foot

I just got to this thread eons after it was started, 9 months ago, and I was planning on just reading through and not commenting, but I couldn't help but respond to M60:

1.) first of all, you're obviously unprepared and undergunned (if anything more than a battle strength division comes through) [smile] [smile] [smile]

2.) your use of the English language to make a point, so clear that a dead person would understand it, is superior [rockon][rockon][rockon]

3.) your service makes me proud to be an American, although I love the Vietnamese people based on experiences here and in Vietnam in 2019, and believe it or not they love Americans [halfmast][halfmast][halfmast]

4.) finally, I hate emojis 🙈🙉🙊

Just bought a Ruger LCR 22lr on GB last night. Can't wait to give it a whirl. Revolvers are great, but then so are semi-automatics. It's like apples and oranges - both good in their own/different ways.
Keep us posted on your experience with it, would you Beth?
~Matt

All the people shooting in the first minute of this video are using something bigger than a .22 WMR. Look at the size of the bore.
False bore with rifling to make it look like a huge caliber if pointed at an attacker to dissuade them. Think visual deterrent...

Probably easy to start a bore-brush or patch through... [rofl]

1665274206752.png
1665274416993.png

Like sticking a sock down your pants on a first date...

Last edited:
Is it a dumb idea to carry wadcutters in this day and age? They seem to be pretty effective and the recoil is minimal.

Modern bullets are incredibly better than they were in the old days. I don't know why anyone would bother with old style slugs these days. You can buy or assemble ammo for desired expansion or penetration at any velocity you want. It's out there.

Off topic, but I miss enbloc's posts.

Modern bullets are incredibly better than they were in the old days. I don't know why anyone would bother with old style slugs these days. You can buy or assemble ammo for desired expansion or penetration at any velocity you want. It's out there.

There are some good threads about this on CastBoolits.

One member created an app using Schwartz expedient formula to calculate tissue crush and wound mass.
The wadcutter actually holds it own against modern expanding bullets.

Take a look at the test results in the link I posted - the wadcutters seem to go toe-to-toe with the best modern HPs, while offering much lower recoil and lower price. I find it to be an interesting topic so, in my typical fashion, I'm ignoring today's to-do list and going down this rabbit hole instead.

Paging @pettypace

He hasn’t been on in a while but if you check that username on CastBoolits you’ll see some fine information on terminal ballistics. You might even see Charles Schwartz kick some information in here and there.

Casting and shooting lead alloy bullets is not lost on me. I have had a lot of success with both handgun, and high powered rifle lead freedom pew pew pills.
That’s great. Cast are usually under appreciated.
It’s more about the shape of the bullet though with wadcutters. It’s pretty cool if you dig into it.
Especially for such a low cost and low recoil round. It makes the 38 carry gun much more viable. Even though they’re not super easy to shoot at least there’s no recoil and follow ups are easy. Which is half the battle with these.

False bore with rifling to make it look like a huge caliber if pointed at an attacker to dissuade them. Think visual deterrent...
I don't think I've heard of, or seen that before. Kind of like the people who put on a 3" megaphone tip on their 1.5" tailpipe?

Last edited:
You need a remote switch for that light
Thought about it, but I can reach the light switch on the back with my off hand easily enough. It's a little awkward to hold on, but on/off is fine.

Aren't many options as the contour switch won't fit the revolver and there is no good location/mount for the pressure switch and cord.

Note, the TLR7a has the switch on the back, not the side.

Back
Top Bottom