• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

IWI US bringing back Jericho 941 in 2015

Varmint

NES Member
This seems interesting, frame mounted safety, polymer & steel models, compact and full size, 9mm, .40 and .45. The .45 seems to be steel compact size only.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2014/12/18/iwi-us-announces-return-jericho-941/

“Jericho 941 pistols are used by civilians and elite forces around the world including the Israeli police. IWI US will also carry CO, CT, DC, HI, IL, MD, NJ and NY compliant pistols with 10-round magazines (no models available for CA and MA). The Jericho 941 pistol will be available in early 2015.”

Put me down for a polymer 9mm compact (not sure this pic is compact or full size):
IWI-US-Polymer-Frame-Jericho-941.jpg

“Jericho 941 pistols are used by civilians and elite forces around the world including the Israeli police. IWI US will also carry CO, CT, DC, HI, IL, MD, NJ and NY compliant pistols with 10-round magazines (no models available for CA and MA). The Jericho 941 pistol will be available in early 2015.”

Believe it or not, NJ does NOT have a 10 round magazine limit, they have a 15 round limit, but it's a moot point because practically nobody in NJ can get a permit to carry concealed.

Am I missing something? Appears to be unobtanium for Mass...

Interesting and I'd like to compare to a HK USP regarding function, ergo, trigger, etc.

Funny, I was just researching this the other day and read that article. I like how they look, I wonder how they shoot.

Trigger looks to be about the same profile that the original has. I've never had an issue with it. I think if anything I kind of like it, though I guess I've never fired it with gloves on.

RTComQc.jpg

Last edited:
Believe it or not, NJ does NOT have a 10 round magazine limit, they have a 15 round limit, but it's a moot point because practically nobody in NJ can get a permit to carry concealed.
This is true. I have a buddy who recently moved to New Jersey from Boston after taking a position at Rutgers. He's a doctor, professor and volunteer firefighter in his town. He was laughed at when he asked his local PD for an LTC application.

Sent via tactical carrier pigeon.

This gun was designed and is still widely used by Israel police and military. As long as they do not mess with the trigger for MA compliance, it is like butter. I have one of the original Jericho's and other than being a bit on the heavy side, it is a truly supurb design and made for hardcore military use.

I love my KBI Jericho. Fell in love withit ever since the first time I saw it in Cowboy Bebop.
And I perfer the slide mounted saftey/decocker over the frame mounted ones, not only because its more aesthetically pleasing, but also because it suits my giant hands better

aCNJD7d.jpg

AIM Surplus currently have these Israeli Police trade-ins back in stock.
The first batch sold out in less than a day, I hesitated and they were gone.
But I got my order in this time! [smile]

IMI JERICHO 941F 9mm Israeli Police Handgun - Satin Nickel

These are all steel with a satin nickel finish and sport the Israeli Police Star of David markings.
If you don't care for the D/A trigger, these ones are single-action only.

Jericho941satin.jpg

Last edited:
What’s with the key ring? It seems like the weight would put a car’s ignition cylinder through hell, and/or just be in the way when starting the car.

Instructions state it is strictly for key fobs/push button ignition...or SAAB 900s.

Ahh - the old Kennedy cabriolet!

We had a 9000 Turbo back in the day, and the day the warranty expired, the car expired. It made us regret selling our Peugeot. That’s how much of a POS the Saab was.

What’s with the key ring? It seems like the weight would put a car’s ignition cylinder through hell, and/or just be in the way when starting the car.

That's where you put the key to the Massachusetts mandated trigger lock, so you have quick access to it.

Back
Top Bottom