James from TFBTV, and the Venetian in Las Vegas

Excuse me! Hotels don't have the right to search your room or your baggage or your person! When you rent the room it becomes "yours" for the rental period. Would a landlord be allowed to search a tenant's apartment randomly? (not talking about entry for maintenance)
On top of that, if I got woken for one of these searches you can bet your ass there would be a serious problem!

Fine with me. I'm way to cheap to gamble.
This is easier on an individual level, but quickly it verges on victim-blaming. Whether we like it or not, Vegas (and peer cities) is central to many industries' ability to host annual activities. This draws countless Americans into the city, and by extension these hotels, where these policies aren't clearly communicated.

This is easier on an individual level, but quickly it verges on victim-blaming. Whether we like it or not, Vegas (and peer cities) is central to many industries' ability to host annual activities. This draws countless Americans into the city, and by extension these hotels, where these policies aren't clearly communicated.
I'm not defending the policy. Clearly dumb.

Bonesium wanted a comment. So I gave him one [rofl]

I agree with him, their house their rules.

I'd like to know if they have written rules that they can search your personal property though? Even without a gun, this would make it for certain that I would never leave a bag with them. Who knows what they've stolen from other guests.

I would never have left a gun in a bag and dropped it with their bellman. If I didn't want to wear it, then it would have been in a backpack that I would have kept with me at all times.

Hmm, U2 will be performing in Vegas next year under a residency and I was thinking of going. I guess I'll have to do more research on hotels and firearm policies. Can't remember off top of my head whether my Utah permit is good in Nevada.

Hmm, U2 will be performing in Vegas next year under a residency and I was thinking of going. I guess I'll have to do more research on hotels and firearm policies. Can't remember off top of my head whether my Utah permit is good in Nevada.
Your gun is allowed at U2, but they do confiscate your man card at the door.

I wish the gun people would maybe I don't know coordinate a little better if they are going to be having events like that? Imagine if shot show were held in Boston? I mean I would finagle a ticket to get in, but imagine the exploding heads and hotels that would shut down even though they had no guests? It would be hilarious to watch though.

I wish the gun people would maybe I don't know coordinate a little better if they are going to be having events like that? Imagine if shot show were held in Boston? I mean I would finagle a ticket to get in, but imagine the exploding heads and hotels that would shut down even though they had no guests? It would be hilarious to watch though.
I'm not sure what you're saying here. Like, the latter part (trolling other cities) I get.

But I'm pretty sure both DEFCON and SHOT Show are pretty well coordinated. Las Vegas, and the involved venues, all know these events are going on. The hosts communicate within their communities, and everyone keeps going to them for years now.

What kind of coordination are you looking for?

Isn't Bono hugely anti gun? Heck isn't he basically anti freedom in general

NV recognizes MA last i looked, i was surprised but had to do a double take.

As someone who goes to Vegas every year, I never bother bringing my gun, its far more annoying than it's worth. Now if i was going to rent a car there and spend a lot of time off strip or whatever, different story, then it becomes easier to manage. With a rental, you also have a place to deposit your gun discreetly, temporarily, if you have a no go zone problem. That's not something easy to do as a "pedestrian".

LV Music venues and that kind of thing are also going to have their own security theater. Also Fremont street is checkpointed on weekend nights now. (21+, security screening) .

I'm not sure what you're saying here. Like, the latter part (trolling other cities) I get.

But I'm pretty sure both DEFCON and SHOT Show are pretty well coordinated. Las Vegas, and the involved venues, all know these events are going on. The hosts communicate within their communities, and everyone keeps going to them for years now.

What kind of coordination are you looking for?
I think what she's talking about is it's kind of retarded to have shot at a place like the Venetian and then next thing you know some guy is getting his s*** rustled through for having guns everyone is going to have guns there... 🤣 I don't think it's too much to ask for them to have a personal firearm policy or whatever that gets dictated to guests... at least that way they know. I suspect the people running shot are sort of punting on that problem making humming noises and just pretending that it's not a thing which probably worked for a long time but it's obvious that there's some cracks in the process here.

Last edited:
I think what she's talking about is it's kind of retarded to have shot at a place like the Venetian and then next thing you know some guy is getting his s*** rustled through for having guns everyone is going to have guns there... 🤣 I don't think it's too much to ask for them to have a personal firearm policy or whatever that gets dictated to guests... at least that way they know. I suspect the people running shot are sort of punting on that problem making humming noises and just pretending that it's not a thing which probably worked for a long time but it's obvious that there's some cracks in the process here.
That makes sense.

Honestly, I assume these "policies" are 1) new, and 2) arbitrary if not ad-hoc. I would also expect that the folks running SHOT to simply say "that's a no for me, dawg" if they knew these policies were being implemented. Seems like a great way to learn that SHOT is now in, e.g., Houston, and all that money they're used to making just shifted hands. How many events that size get to leave before NV starts freaking out at the "losses"?

Excuse me! Hotels don't have the right to search your room or your baggage or your person! When you rent the room it becomes "yours" for the rental period. Would a landlord be allowed to search a tenant's apartment randomly? (not talking about entry for maintenance)
On top of that, if I got woken for one of these searches you can bet your ass there would be a serious problem!

lawsuit time

I believe SHOT has a no guns policy. Anything displayed has a lock on it or has been disabled and tagged. Concealed is concealed, so I don't know who was carrying on the days I was there, but I suspect it was a lot fewer people than claimed in the video

The Venetian incident while completely idiotic, was predictable. Their website does say that bags given to them are x-rayed and that guns are not allowed and need to be checked with them. And that's what happened. Now, the whole charade and convoluted process was absurd. It seems like his gun was found via x-ray and nobody actually rifled through his bag by hand, and it was only taken from the bag with him there in that ridiculous process.

The incident I posted was so much worse, and likely illegal. Nothing they did was appropriate, even if he actually was violating their policy and had a gun. In that case, the appropriate action would be either for them to
1) do nothing
2) inform him he cannot have a gun and ask him to check it
3) inform him he must leave
---3a) if he refuses to leave, call the police and have him trespassed

In no scenario would forcing him out of his room by a bunch of guys with guns and dressed like cops; after pounding on his door in the middle of the night, and then searching his room, refusing to leave, and threatening him with physical force; be appropriate. That is far more similar to an armed invasion than a legitimate policy enforcement action.

Caesars Entertainment owns or operates in LV:
Bally's
The Cromwell
Flamingo
The Linq
Paris
Planet Hollywood
Caesar's Palace
Harrah's (both LV and Laughlin)
Rio
Tropicana
I'm surprised the list is that short.

Isn't Bono hugely anti gun? Heck isn't he basically anti freedom in general
Most Rock Bands are anti-everything, SJWers before it became cool. Bono is a citizen of the World! [rofl] Remember, their 3rd album was titled, WAR, and included Sunday Bloody Sunday. One of the greatest rock bands in history, attended 2 of their concerts in the 80's.

Back
Top Bottom