• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

James from TFBTV, and the Venetian in Las Vegas

That makes sense.

Honestly, I assume these "policies" are 1) new, and 2) arbitrary if not ad-hoc. I would also expect that the folks running SHOT to simply say "that's a no for me, dawg" if they knew these policies were being implemented. Seems like a great way to learn that SHOT is now in, e.g., Houston, and all that money they're used to making just shifted hands. How many events that size get to leave before NV starts freaking out at the "losses"?
How many need to leave? A lot. Vegas is the biggest destination used for trade shows in the US.

How many need to leave? A lot. Vegas is the biggest destination used for trade shows in the US.

Not to mention it’d kill the appeal of a lot of the broad-spectrum type trade shows. It's easier to get people to come if they can have a good time or relax after hours vs putting it somewhere nobody wants to go. Something like SHOT would lose a big chunk of attendance if it was moved out of Vegas.

Between Caesars, MGM, and Sands, there aren't many decent hotels to stay at in Vegas, and all of them prohibit firearms by policy.
Lol

There are a shitload of properties in and around Vegas not owned by any of them. And many of them are pretty good. But otherwise i agree that gun policies are still likely a problem, but good luck completely nulling that out.

Back
Top Bottom