Jamie Lee Curtis wields firearms in new 'Halloween' movie despite advocating for gun control

commodon

NES Member
I know what movie I won't be seeing on October 19th...

jamie-lee-curtis.jpg

Jamie Lee Curtis' on-screen actions stand in contrast to her real-life persona as an advocate for gun control.

Jamie's got a gun in the latest "Halloween" reboot.

In the 11th installment of the horror film series, Jamie Lee Curtis's character, Laurie Strode, is seen wielding firearms in her quest to kill the film's legendary villain, Michael Myers.

At one point, she shoots him as he's standing in front of a window.

But Curtis’s on-screen actions stand in contrast to her real-life persona as an advocate for gun control -- one of several Hollywood actors who use firearms in their films while preaching against them away from the set.

In light of several high-profile mass shootings, Curtis has voiced her support for gun reform legislation. But she's also appeared in films such as "True Lies," "Virus," "Halloween II" and "Blue Steel" where she uses firearms multiple times.

A poster for “Blue Steel” (1990) features her holding a handgun.

When a gunman killed multiple people at Santa Fe High School in Texas earlier this year, Curtis took to Twitter to advocate for stronger gun reform. She’s also voiced support for an assault weapons ban.

Following the Pulse nightclub shooting in Orlando, Fla, she appeared in a video to honor one of the 49 victims.

But while Curtis is in favor of gun control legislation, she apparently isn’t entirely anti-gun.

DUZsTLiVoAAhEKp.jpg

For the “Halloween” reboot, Curtis tweeted a photo of a paper shooting target and said: First shot. 357. Feels good to have Laurie back on set for @halloweenmovie. #halloweenmovie.”

The conundrum applies to other Hollywood A-listers like George Clooney, Matt Damon, Don Cheadle, Julianne Moore, Sally Field and Jim Carey, who have all made their living portraying gun-toting characters while calling for stricter gun reform.

Some politicians have seized on the issue to call out what they perceive is Hollywood's hypocrisy.

Hollywood liberals on gun control is akin to Hollywood liberals on global warming,” U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, told TMZ. “Which is they fly their private jets to a conference, step out and say, ‘Global warming is terrible. Let’s take away everything from the working men and women.’ And then they get back on their private jet and fly back. Same thing on gun control. If you have a bevy of armed security officers protecting you, maybe you shouldn’t be trying to strip Second Amendment rights from law-abiding citizens.

Actor Ethan Hawke, while discussing his career on "Late Night with Seth Meyers," said there’s no money in films that don’t feature firearms, noting that he earned more for films where his character had a gun.

I noticed recently if you put in a column of every movie I ever did where I carry a gun, and every movie where I don’t, and my salary ... I really think it would be about 92 percent to 8 percent.

Halloween” hits theaters Oct. 19.

Holyweird movies with a bunch of rape whistles and sheltering in place just won't be the same, even libtards know it. The reality, libtards want guns for themselves, just not for dumb peasants who are lesser than them, hence the "duality".

Hollywood should at least show some internal consistency... I suggest if they are going to be all OMG Gunzzz, they set some rules for themselves:
1. No new movies or shows will be made with any guns, whether good guys or bad guys.
2. Let's not stop there... they don't want any weapons. So, no knives, pointy sticks, flame throwers (sorry Alien movie), etc.
3. All existing works that feature any of this, perma-ban them and sue anyone who makes copies anyway to pass around for copyright violations.

Good guys vs. bad guys can battle it out with each other by wearing bubble suits, and they just run into each other and bounce off harmlessly. Whoever gets successfully knocked on their side loses.

let those of us who work in companies with a no firearm policy cast the first stone.

Huh? Different issue. I'm not the one setting the company policy, and I disagree with it. Plus, good luck finding any company larger than a Mom or Pop, that has a big HR department, that isn't all OMG Gunz! All of them are, unless they're a gun manufacturer or something.

Huh? Different issue.
probably the only work around for the woman. i'm guessing no one is knocking down the door with work for her so in my mind no different than going to work for an anti company. the only show in town and money talks as we all know. not defending the woman, just sayin'.

it'd be great if we could choose work that conformed to our moral compass.

probably the only work around for the woman. i'm guessing no one is knocking down the door with work for her so in my mind no different than going to work for an anti company. the only show in town and money talks as we all know. not defending the woman, just sayin'.

Except she advocates for gun control while working for them. Although, she probably wouldn't get work if she didn't, so I don't know how sincere her beliefs are (I'll assume they are sincere). I don't advocate for gun control while working for my anti-gun company, although I write software so the issue would not normally come up if they asked. Even if they were pro-gun, it wouldn't affect me since the company office is also in MA, where I can't bring a gun anyway, because MA.

You think she’s working for a studio that’s pro-gun?

Even if they were pro-gun, it wouldn't affect me since the company office is also in MA, where I can't bring a gun anyway, because MA.

Huh? Is it specified in your company employee handbook that guns are banned in the building?

Because afaik there's no blanket restriction coming from the Commonwealth. What do you know that we don't?

Huh? Is it specified in your company employee handbook that guns are banned in the building?

Because afaik there's no blanket restriction coming from the Commonwealth. What do you know that we don't?

I don't follow. It is common (probably the norm) that guns are banned in the buildings owned by a company. It is not an unusual thing I'm saying for there to be a need for a question about it.

MA does indeed blanket ban guns too, unless you get special approval via a LTC. I live in NH, so I would require a non-res LTC which rarely allows concealed carry for defensive purposes, so there's no point in me going through the humiliation to get it.

That was my first thought. How old did HE get? LOL

Even in the movie trailer - she looks like a stringy-haired old hippy lady. Could have done more to be more attractive. Maybe she's trying NOT to be. Back a few years ago hawking poop-helper-bacteria she didn't look bad.

Except she advocates for gun control while working for them
right, my point. money talks, it's why anti gun actors make those movies
it wouldn't affect me since the company office is also in MA
it does though. are you not doing basically the same thing these actors are doing, chasing the buck? if a anti gun actor films a movie in a pro-gun, pro-2a state, does that make it ok?
….while working for my anti-gun company....
if it bothered you that much you'd look for other work even if it meant being a cashier at mr. patels quicky mart. as I said, money talks and I doubt you'd leave a well paying position for 8 bucks/hr to prove a point.

I don't want to start an argument, saying for every anti 2a actor making a film with guns that figure prominently in it, the pro 2a folks basically do the same by working for anti companies. I just don't see a difference.

and i'm no different, my last ten years working I worked for a fervently anti gun company. to get hired I had to sign some bullshit paper saying I wouldn't carry or talk guns and knives while on the property. yeah, true! but the money was good, sooo. there was a small group of gun/pro 2a guys there and we outed ourselves with no adverse effect. you do what ya got to do.

Huh? Different issue. I'm not the one setting the company policy, and I disagree with it. Plus, good luck finding any company larger than a Mom or Pop, that has a big HR department, that isn't all OMG Gunz! All of them are, unless they're a gun manufacturer or something.
My last job had a seminar, workplace violence. I was asked what would do if you heard gunfire. Evidently my boss was nonplussed with my answer. Leave

I think we're missing the point.. If Michael Myers was my brother.. And he's been trying to kill me for 30 years.. I'd have a whole arsenal of guns!
Come to think of it, I do have a whole arsenal of guns and Mike's not my brother.. So ya! JLC should have a gun in that new movie!

Here we go again.

We need to stop considering the opinions of entertainment figures - sports, movies, songs, etc. Every time someone says "so and so says..." stop them. It doesn't matter if it's a liberal or a conservative that said something - it means zero because they contribute nothing to the world. I value the guy who cleans Clint Eastwood's toilet more than I value anything he's said since he stopped being a lifeguard in the Army and started playing make believe - AND I LIKE HIS MOVIES and AGREE WITH HIS OPINION.

(***Only exception - Lee Marvin. Badass in real life, "played" a badass in movies, won all kinds of bullshit movie "awards" and his gravestone lists him as a Marine PFC. Apparently he made coin but didn't sell out)

You're going to lack a lot of entertainment if you completely shut yourself off from these retards. Just begin by not giving them any credibility, advocate for their suicide and make it known that the make pretend that they play can be done by ANYONE. I've been kicked off of Star Wars boards because I think that Princess Leia is AWESOME, and should continue in movies, even if the coke head piece of shit who dressed up as her is dead. They can use CGI or any brunette actress who can keep her teeth in, something Fisher had trouble with, to make the damn movie. It ain't real, and even if it was, it was a Long Time Ago...

Personally, I thought the Halloween movies started sucking about the third one, let alone number 11. That alone is reason not to see it.

As for Curtis, she can catch cancer or suck start a shotgun. IDGAF. When she dies, which it looks like she's racing RBG to do, let's remember the rules have changed and celebrate the demise of this waste of oxygen, and see how the left likes it.

right, my point. money talks, it's why anti gun actors make those movies

it does though. are you not doing basically the same thing these actors are doing, chasing the buck? if a anti gun actor films a movie in a pro-gun, pro-2a state, does that make it ok?

if it bothered you that much you'd look for other work even if it meant being a cashier at mr. patels quicky mart. as I said, money talks and I doubt you'd leave a well paying position for 8 bucks/hr to prove a point.

I don't want to start an argument, saying for every anti 2a actor making a film with guns that figure prominently in it, the pro 2a folks basically do the same by working for anti companies. I just don't see a difference.

and i'm no different, my last ten years working I worked for a fervently anti gun company. to get hired I had to sign some bullshit paper saying I wouldn't carry or talk guns and knives while on the property. yeah, true! but the money was good, sooo. there was a small group of gun/pro 2a guys there and we outed ourselves with no adverse effect. you do what ya got to do.

No I am not. The anti-gun stance of the company I work for basically entails the HR department putting in the handbook that firearms aren't allowed on the property. That kind of thing seems to be standard training for HR people... they get taught that you need a handbook that says the usual, no guns, no chasing the secretary around the table, etc. That's it. I'm sure the company lawyers also butt in here too and say they need to say no guns at the office, in case they get sued if something happens with one of them. I have never heard them advocate or preach for disarmament of the population, and they don't show any sign of caring if people own their own guns at home. My company advocates for all sorts of things... cloud this, lifecycle management that, etc. All relevant stuff. Of course, there's the usual diversity/sensitivity stuff and watching how you talk to not offend people, etc. That doesn't mean no gun talk... just be careful how it comes up so some sensitive person doesn't feel "threatened". You know how it is. I've discussed guns with people who didn't seem threatened.

It's not like I'm working at Google or FB or something which is daily going out of its way to assault people's freedoms. I do actually get frequent headhunter communications saying 'Hey come work at google', but I just laugh at them, and besides they'll look at my history they've recorded from using their services and immediately know not to hire me.

So no, I'm not going to be made to feel guilty for working for a company that says no guns in the office. Besides, concealed means concealed, if MA only let me carry in the first place... it's too big of a risk if I get caught by the government, but not much of a risk to get caught by the company since they're not about to start searching people or cars. I do carry pepper spray with me, and I'm not entirely sure if that's "allowed" since the handbook says "weapons" which is a bit vague. Pepper spray is not spelled out. It's best not to ask, because then they get put in a position of having to come up with an answer that could be 'no'. Even if I was sure it was not allowed, I am free to ignore it... the trick is not to get caught.

Back
Top Bottom