• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

January giveaway?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it’s kind of poor form to be standing there with your hand out asking for free shit, that costs someone else hundreds of dollars.

Think of the generosity that’s already been shown by MFS and Derek (I assume it’s both of them who actually pay for these firearms out of pocket). Literally thousands of dollars in firearms donated to the membership here.

Maybe, just maybe, there’s a good reason he hasn’t posted something yet. Give the guy a break and be grateful for what we have, not what we’re expecting someone to give us.

I think it’s kind of poor form to be standing there with your hand out asking for free shit, that costs someone else hundreds of dollars.

Think of the generosity that’s already been shown by MFS and Derek (I assume it’s both of them who actually pay for these firearms out of pocket). Literally thousands of dollars in firearms donated to the membership here.

Maybe, just maybe, there’s a good reason he hasn’t posted something yet. Give the guy a break and be grateful for what we have, not what we’re expecting someone to give us.

Oh jesus f*** give me a break- I asked a simple question that deserves a simple answer. Not from you or anyone else without authority to answer the question. I guess I'll just email the mods instead.

I dunno. Sounds a little like the FSA asking where their EBT handouts are.

Perhaps reaction like this is why there isn't a January giveaway...

Just buy a 3d printer and print up a couple new guns. It's wicked easy.
Good call-thanks for the pro-tip.

It was the snide remark that was there. You didnt ask, you just said you gave away your money. Now you're upset about being called out on it?

Greg

It was the snide remark that was there. You didnt ask, you just said you gave away your money. Now you're upset about being called out on it?

Greg

but that wasn't the original question. As usual with NES, it was a response to someone else's snide remark.

Oh jesus f*** give me a break- I asked a simple question that deserves a simple answer. Not from you or anyone else without authority to answer the question. I guess I'll just email the mods instead.

lol Ok sally, but you did ask a question here in the open, fully knowing members without your approved level of “authoratay” would answer it, you just didn’t like the answers you got.

Last edited:

+1

The monthly giveaways are great, but they’re the last thing I honestly considered when deciding to get a membership here. The amount of knowledge and resources available to us, the NES Members section, Classifieds, Group Buys, etc are, in my opinion, invaluable. I only enter a giveaway when it interests me, so I don’t notice if one is posted or not. If one gets posted great, if not, whatever - the membership certainly wasn’t wasted or given away lol because there wasn’t a giveaway..

+1

The monthly giveaways are great, but they’re the last thing I honestly considered when deciding to get a membership here. The amount of knowledge and resources available to us, the NES Members section, Classifieds, Group Buys, etc are, in my opinion, invaluable. I only enter a giveaway when it interests me, so I don’t notice if one is posted or not. If one gets posted great, if not, whatever - the membership certainly wasn’t wasted or given away lol because there wasn’t a giveaway..

Exactly. I saw the OP on Monday, was nothing but a simple question and I moved on. Whatever. No big deal. Wasn’t until this mornings post of “apparently I gave away my money” (cuz now there’s no free shit this month) that struck a cord with me.

The point I was trying to subtly make was, Admin are pretty squared away on this site, and if it’s not up yet there’s probably a good reason for it, these guys have families, jobs, and lives, the work they do here is volunteering their personal time away from those requirements, have a little patience and maybe think, shit I hope everything’s alright with them (health, family, whatever). Not start claiming you wasted your 20.00 by joining. That’s some pretty petty BS right there.

Exactly. I saw the OP on Monday, was nothing but a simple question and I moved on. Whatever. No big deal. Wasn’t until this mornings post of “apparently I gave away my money” (cuz now there’s no free shit this month) that struck a cord with me.

The point I was trying to subtly make was, Admin are pretty squared away on this site, and if it’s not up yet there’s probably a good reason for it, these guys have families, jobs, and lives, the work they do here is volunteering their personal time away from those requirements, have a little patience and maybe think, shit I hope everything’s alright with them (health, family, whatever). Not start claiming you wasted your 20.00 by joining. That’s some pretty petty BS right there.

And not to mention, it’s $20 a YEAR...that’s what, roughly $1.70 a month?! The membership fee here is absurdly low when you think of what you receive in exchange for it, so saying the fee was given away simply because there hasn’t been a giveaway yet, that’s a bit of a stretch.

This thread is going nowhere. I pm’ed an admin and he said he didn’t know. Calling someone Sally for asking an honest question is pretty lame.

I get that it’s a small price to pay and the issue isn’t the money-the issue is stating you are getting X, Y, and Z and only receiving X and Y.

I’m hoping THE parlor rifle gets put up for raffle every month. I’d want it just to put up on display. Would also be good motivation to get a C&R.

I’m hoping THE parlor rifle gets put up for raffle every month. I’d want it just to put up on display. Would also be good motivation to get a C&R.
THE parlor rifle every month. So you get it for a month and then have to give it to next months winner?

Wait a sec! The ATF is non essential?!

Who the hell is supplying the drug cartels with guns if they're shutdown?!!!! (I know that was under O'Bama but I bet they kept it up on the side)

The cartel support division is considered essential, so they are still working, but only being paid their cartel portion, not the .gov portion :)

Can’t get a C&R until the shutdown is over. They website is shut down.

Bob
If I recall, the parlor rifle was an antique and therefore no FFL required.

On a side note, joining for the sake of, or expecting, a monthly giveaway is kind of lame. It's always been an afterthought to me. I've saved a lot more practically speaking outside of the giveaway.

Apparently I gave away my money for the membership fee, since a monthly giveaway is still listed as one of the perks of being a green member on this site.
sorry you're disappointed. I see you're membership ends in april. just don't re-up, turn you're green light off and fade away. don't let that door slap you on the ass on the way out.

THE parlor rifle every month. So you get it for a month and then have to give it to next months winner?
Yes. It shall be passed along every month. With maybe a second gun raffle occasionally to appease people like Sally.

I believe that you are correct but I was just referencing his desire for a C&R.

After Lens’ seminar I learned how useful a C&R can be and when I went to apply I found that the website was down.

Bob
Yes, definitely handy. One or two purchases covers the cost, typically. I just hate it when certain vendors won't accept them, even on C&R items.

While everyone is piling on the guy, and I never noticed this, and don't care, he's right.

Simple question and the signature NES pig pile...

His first post actually was simple and straightforward. The follow ups were a bit thin skinned for these thar parts, which stoked the pig pile.

IBTL? Been kinda boring lately LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom