Jim Zumbo of Outdoor Life labels AR-15s Terrorist Rifles

So far, I've only seen one (ONE!?!) response in defense of Zumbo. But I guess Don (like Jim Zumbo) is part of that dying breed that grew up shooting bolt rifles, and will always see a semi as sloppy & unsportsmanlike.

TonyD: It was used in a quote I took from another site; but I assume Fudd has something to do with "Shhhhh.' 'Be vewy, vewy quiet.' 'I'm huntin wabbit." In which case, "I'm a Fudd." (Sung to the tune of "I'm a Nut".)

Do you know if there is anyplace that has the facts and figures behind this? Just curious - like I said, I wasn't sure how the numbers really worked out.

There are millions and millions and millions of gun owners out there. How many NRA members?

Nuff said. It is like a hammer for most people, just a tool.

B

There are millions and millions and millions of gun owners out there. How many NRA members?

Nuff said. It is like a hammer for most people, just a tool.

B

Approx 50 million US gun owners, and slightly less than 4 million NRA members per their website.

Last edited:
Sorry Dude,

Not even close. They are the vast majority of gun owners.

What IS "sorry" is that they, although the most numerous, are the least informed, the least active and the least useful.

Dumbo Zumbo and his ilk confirm the adage; "Scratch a hunter, find an anti-gunner." [puke]

Here is a little group of pics some buds on a few gun boards and I put together.

Enjoy.

dumboak1.jpg

lastsupper.jpg

last.JPG

evil-rifle.jpg

stfujzumbokb3.jpg

jzumboiz1.jpg

jzumboar15km4.jpg

jzumbo4yo8.jpg

I just spotted this on the DPMS web main page.

Latest News
A recent comment by Jim Zumbo, a writer for Outdoor Life Magazine, indicating his dislike of AR-15 Rifles for hunting purposes is a disgrace to American Gun Owners! His apology is not accepted by this company. We will begin to disconnect from Zumbo's sponsors immediately

http://www.dpmsinc.com/

Screw Gerber - it's stuff is made in China.

My Kershaw is all-American.

Scriv, I should point out that some Kershaws are made in Japan (though mine isn't), just as some Gerbers, mainly the LST series, are still made in the US and are high quality American steel (I know, I sliced my hand open with one a few months ago)

Where was the outrage when Bennedict Bill Ruger stated that no honest man needed a magazine that took more than 10 rounds and that what this nation needed was a complete ban on the civilian possession of magazines greater than this capacity?

Where was the outrage when Bennedict Bill Ruger stated that no honest man needed a magazine that took more than 10 rounds and that what this nation needed was a complete ban on the civilian possession of magazines greater than this capacity?

It kinda pre-dated the connectivity we now have via this and other boards.

But yeah, I've thought of how Bill Ruger would have reacted as a sponsor.

Last edited:

No internet. I thought it sucked at the time though. Swore never to buy a gun from them, yada yada yada.

B

I won't be buying anything Gerber from this point on. I also submitted an email to the company. [thinking]

Check that. I just got this from Gerber in my email...

Gerber Cuts Ties with Jim Zumbo

Portland, OR, February 21, 2007: Gerber Legendary Blades reacted to Jim
Zumbo's recent public statements moving to sever all sponsorship ties with
the long-time outdoor writer and hunter, effective immediately.
"After careful evaluation and consideration, we have made the decision to
discontinue our relationship with Jim Zumbo," said Brendon Weaver, Director
of Brand Management at Gerber. "At Gerber, we value the hunting heritage
and cherish our Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms."
While we respect the opinions of sponsored professionals, customers and
end users of our products, Mr. Zumbo's recent statements are not consistent
with Gerber's culture and ideals as advocates of the hunting industry.

For more information please email Jason Kintzler at
[email protected]

It kinda pre-dated the connectivity we now have via this and other boards.

But yeah, I've thought of how Bill Ruger would have reacted as a sponsor.

Ruger's remarks caused me and several friends to never buy Ruger's again. I still haven't, even though I would have liked a mini-14 at various points in my life. But yeah, without the publicity the grassroots boycott doesn't have the same effect.

Gerber finally got wise:

Gerber Cuts Ties with Jim Zumbo

Portland, OR, February 21, 2007: Gerber Legendary Blades reacted to Jim
Zumbo's recent public statements moving to sever all sponsorship ties with
the long-time outdoor writer and hunter, effective immediately.

"After careful evaluation and consideration, we have made the decision to
discontinue our relationship with Jim Zumbo," said Brendon Weaver, Director
of Brand Management at Gerber. "At Gerber, we value the hunting heritage
and cherish our Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms."

While we respect the opinions of sponsored professionals, customers and
end users of our products, Mr. Zumbo's recent statements are not consistent
with Gerber's culture and ideals as advocates of the hunting industry.

For more information please email Jason Kintzler at
[email protected]

Ruger's remarks caused me and several friends to never buy Ruger's again. I still haven't, even though I would have liked a mini-14 at various points in my life. But yeah, without the publicity the grassroots boycott doesn't have the same effect.
Much the same here. I don't believe I've bought a Ruger since '93, though I have had 2 trades that involved used Blackhawks.

I have weakened on the S&W ban after their new management came into power; and I wonder how pro-AWB Sturm-Ruger is now with Bill gone.

Much the same here. I don't believe I've bought a Ruger since '93, though I have had 2 trades that involved used Blackhawks.

I have weakened on the S&W ban after their new management came into power; and I wonder how pro-AWB Sturm-Ruger is now with Bill gone.

Ask Bill Ruger Jr. if the company ever plans on offering 30 round Mini-14 mags to the great unwashed masses. [angry]

Ask Bill Ruger Jr. if the company ever plans on offering 30 round Mini-14 mags to the great unwashed masses. [angry]
Oh. Still family-owned, and trying to carry on a legacy of stupidity. Too bad.

Still, I figure someone buying a used Ruger on occasion doesn't put more $ into the pockets of that company. As an aside, I will go extra steps to avoid buying Ruger. In '04 I won a blue 512 Mk III in a local "30 guns in 30 days" raffle. I traded it for an AMT Lightning; also with a 5-1/2" bull barrel. And while my daughter doesn't have a Ruger 10/22, she does have the AMT Hunter 10/25 with a true ss reciever.

Kinda felt like a double benefit, I not only didn't buy Ruger, but I bought the one gun brand he (Bill Sr) fought so hard to squash.

Last edited:

What else is new? [thinking] ...

(from a 2003 Field and Stream survey).

15. Do you consider assault-style rifles to be legitimate sporting guns?
67% No
33% Yes

http://www.fieldandstream.com/fieldstream/hunting/article/0,13199,458217,00.html

I no longer subscribe to any Fudd publications.

Over the past year or so I have severed all ties and support to Fudd organizations (Delta Waterfowl, Ducks Unlimited, NA Hunting Club).

I no longer subscribe to any Fudd publications.

Over the past year or so I have severed all ties and support to Fudd organizations (Delta Waterfowl, Ducks Unlimited, NA Hunting Club).

Good call. Send your money to NRA-ILA, USPSA or other organizations that don't discriminate against people because of what they like to shoot.[wink]

Anyone see the MSNBC hatchet job on the Zumbo story? [thinking]

Feces laden as you would expect.

So, YOU'RE the guy that watches MSNBC! I heard a rumor that someone did, but the ratings sure don't show it. The whole line up of that station is made up of left wing moonbats. Except for Imus, who as Contessa Brewer pointed out is a cantankerous old fool.

Gary

It's funny how MSNBC thinks that Fudds pump the most money into the gun industry.

That must be why USRAC went down the shitter, Remington is always teetering on financial disaster, and Ruger would be gone if it nor were for its investment casting diversification.

All the while the AR related industry keeps getting bigger, and bigger, and bigger.

It does piss me off to no end that we have lost the war of words as it seems the MSM will simply not relent on its use of the bullshit "assault weapons" lie.

Anyone see the MSNBC hatchet job on the Zumbo story? [thinking]

Feces laden as you would expect.

B

EDIT: Sorry, it was a WP article that was picked up by MSNBC. Still feces though.

That story makes it sound like the NRA was behind Zumbos beheading when in fact the NRA had little or nothing to do with it. Zumbo was already toast before the NRA even issued any statement.

That story makes it sound like the NRA was behind Zumbos beheading when in fact the NRA had little or nothing to do with it. Zumbo was already toast before the NRA even issued any statement.

Really it was Remmington that cooked his goose. Everybody made like the UK and cut-and-ran when Rem pulled sponcership.

Arrrrr

Back
Top Bottom