• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Job openings?

Hello everyone,

I wanted to see if anyone new of any job openings regarless of the field. I'm trying to help my dad out. He's owned his own business for many years and the economy this year had been horible for him. He was a jewler by trade and also does custom design and fabrication of furnature and carpentry. Finish work, cabanetas mostly anything.
Thanks for any advice or refferals. He also has a resume I could send allong.

Best,
Gerry

In all honesty lately (to me) it has seemed retail is your best shot (Walmart, Target, major clothing stores...I know autozone and a few other auto parts stores are hiring at various locations). I know there is a security position open at a couple JCPenny's (you just sit in a room and watch the camera monitors for suspicious activity...I believe they call it "loss prevention official" or something to that extent. That's all I can think of off the top of my head...looks like I (hopefully) just landed a part-time job at advanced auto parts just down the road from me which is why I suggest maybe looking into that area. Obviously your dad needs to consider the amount of income he needs at the moment too, as none of these are high paying jobs. I myself simply needed something part-time on my end til I'm done with school

I am a stagehand. while it may be tough getting his foot in the door and work a little sparse through the winter, he could look into being an extra hand at any scenic construction company. He could try Mystic Scenic, or IATSE local 11 in Boston. While some of the work may be physically taxing a good carpenter can be an awesome thing. Some industry websites are Backstagejobs.com and playbill.com/jobs/find/category_listing/4.html (more NYC focused).

Back
Top Bottom