• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

John Lott: Hollywood gun myths

Acujeff

NES Member
Hollywood may know a lot about how to entertain people, but it doesn't know squat about guns or gun owners.

In fact, the movies and TV shows coming out of La La Land are filled with myths about firearms. This is one of the reasons so many people are confused about serious issues such as crime and self-defense.

Economist John Lott, President of the Crime Prevention Research Center, takes on several popular Hollywood myths in this video and sets the record straight with some inconvenient truth.

5 min video:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeijIDuksc4&feature=emb_title

Let's not forget the frequent loud cocking the hammer on Glocks.......

My knife has a built in unsheathing-sound every time you move it. Cut, swing, move. It goes SSLLLLLTTTTTTTTTT. Because that's how REAL knives work.

My knife has a built in unsheathing-sound every time you move it. Cut, swing, move. It goes SSLLLLLTTTTTTTTTT. Because that's how REAL knives work.
tumblr_n3q1xjALHQ1qkuxwuo1_500.gif

Despite his being on our side, Mary Rosh makes it hard for me to take him seriously or view him as having any credibility, even though he may be telling the truth.

Even his introduction takes a cue from our adversaries - " Economist John Lott, President of the Crime Prevention Research Center", - it could have been alternatively written "Economist John Lott, President of the Crime Prevention Research Center, a 501(c)(3) he founded and installed himself as president of....". Yup, form an org, install yourself as president, and then cite your presidency to add to the "appeal to authority" of your argument. Pay yourself 50% of the take, use most of the rest for administrative expenses, yup, that's a real thinktank there. I see no indication there are any other "experts" doing research, and have to wonder if Ted Nugent really volunteers 10 hours of his time a week for the org.

Glenn "Instapundit" Reynolds is pushing for the someday-to-be-legally-mandated pedestrian safety sound effect broadcast by loudspeakers on electric cars at low speed to be standardized to be the Jetsons beeble noise.
I've alway thought of something that would give Boston more of a sophisticated European image. Put bee-boop sirens on police cars and if nothing is happening to cause their use, have a car turn on the siren and drive around the tourist areas.

Last edited:
Glenn "Instapundit" Reynolds is pushing for the someday-to-be-legally-mandated
pedestrian safety sound effect broadcast by loudspeakers on electric cars at low speed
to be standardized to be the Jetsons beeble noise.

I preferer the Jaws theme. Makes parking lots fun.

Back
Top Bottom