• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

John Paul Stevens: Repeal the Second Amendment

YOUR FORMER LAWYER WAS/IS A FVCKING MORON,!!!

The 2A is a clear and concise prohibition on the federal government from infringing on the natural right of people, and thereby protects their right to keep and bear arms.
Actually I don’t know what he was. Sometimes he sounded like a liberal and sometimes he sounded like a libertarian.

I suspected he sometimes took positions on issues to jerk my chain.

He was good at collections and real estate.

Sorry, but the Constitution PROTECTS natural rights.

It does not GRANT them.
I agree, and have never insinuated the opposite. However, when a natural right is no longer protected by it, then it is vulnerable to all manner of violations. Hence why the Bill of Rights was drafted in the first place.

I look at this as a very positive development, long-term. People have been drinking Koolaid while listening to people like the Clintons soothingly tell us that of course they don't want to take our guns, they just want "restrictions" that are "reasonable." Stevens has blown their cover and made it clear that they want *everything.* We should be thanking him for snapping out awake from our long nap.

He may be a Constitutionalist but he doesn’t like the Second Amendment and wants it repealed

An actual constitutionalist would understand that the rest of the constitution is not an unlimited grant of power to the federal government, no matter what contortions they have gone through to interpret "general welfare" and "interstate commerce" to mean. Specific delegated powers. The bill of rights was just reaffirming that they doubly aren't to do these sorts of things.

Back
Top Bottom