• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Jon Stewart Dismantles Weak GOP Rep on Gun Control

idiot Senator could
no, he could not.
it just shows, again, the factual quality of people who are elected to govern us and their actual IQ and education.

when i say - there are no smart people in any government, and you think it is a joke - damn, it is absolutely not. it is a damn fact. thievery, yes, hypocrisy - yes, smartness - damn, no.
and it is same in any country and any government personnel, with no exceptions.

If you are not comfortable at debating, don’t go into politics.
Yep. And if you aren’t sure why the founders put the 2A in the Constitution, don’t go up against a liberal attack dog with well prepared sounding talking points.

The losing argument is: constitutional carry will reduce crime.

The winning argument is: constitutional carry prevents tyranny. 300M innocent men women and children were murdered by their own governments in the 20th century, after they were disarmed. Crime will always exist.

Last edited:
While Germany was slaughtering the jews and we knew about it.
Why didn't we just take away everyone else's firearms in order to stop the killing?
Welcome to gun control currently in the US!

Yep. And if you aren’t sure why the founders put the 2A in the Constitution, don’t go up against a liberal stack dog with well prepared sounding talking points.

And? Have a good, constitutionally-sound reason why you're trying to ban drag. Stewart was clever to link the two; 1A is as important as 2A.

That's a toughie for a politician to answer. And an obvious reason why one should not agree to an interview about it until one has an answer.

I think that the (state) senator's main problem is being put on the spot - he doesn't seem to do well under pressure. E.g. I can easily fight back against Stewart on every point, but it would be very hard to do so in a live interview situation when he keeps interrupting.

Every anti in the western hemisphere is fapping to this post today.

Great job, our side. :rolleyes:

This is when the "no, I wont go on your TV show" thing is 10000x less damaging than showing up and not being prepared. Not to mention if it didnt
go their way they wouldnt have aired it anyways. Or heavily redacted/edited it. Are these pols clueless? Have they not seen this movie before with MSM?

Like after parkland the NRA sucked for that stupid f***ing CNN town hall thing, they were too stupid to realize it was a f***ing trap. HELLO, NRA... its f***ing CNN running it... what do you think is going to happen? It's a setup to make your platform look bad. Saying "nope, f*** you we wont walk into your trap" is less damaging than showing up and getting slaughtered because they've penned you in from the start. Also it created the overtone of "even the NRA thinks this is a problem to the point where they want to talk about it". So even just by showing up it gave them free bingo spaces. In the past when that shit happened they were smarter, they shut the f*** up. Why even create the appearance that gun rights people are somehow responsible or even peripherally involved in violence events in even the slightest way? Just tone deaf morons, imo.

This is when the "no, I wont go on your TV show" thing is 10000x less damaging than showing up and not being prepared. Not to mention if it didnt
go their way they wouldnt have aired it anyways. Or heavily redacted/edited it. Are these pols clueless? Have they not seen this movie before with MSM?

Like after parkland the NRA sucked for that stupid f***ing CNN town hall thing, they were too stupid to realize it was a f***ing trap. HELLO, NRA... its f***ing CNN running it... what do you think is going to happen? It's a setup to make your platform look bad. Saying "nope, f*** you we wont walk into your trap" is less damaging than showing up and getting slaughtered because they've penned you in from the start. Also it created the overtone of "even the NRA thinks this is a problem to the point where they want to talk about it". So even just by showing up it gave them free bingo spaces. In the past when that shit happened they were smarter, they shut the f*** up. Why even create the appearance that gun rights people are somehow responsible or even peripherally involved in violence events in even the slightest way? Just tone deaf morons, imo.

Everyone thinks they're the smartest person around, and that tends to go double for politicians. Trump used to fall for this kind of thing too. "Oh! Bob Woodward wants to write a book on me? The guy who took down Nixon? Well, Nixon wasn't as smart as me, and Woodward ain't either. I'll show him! He won't catch me in any kind of trap."

Journalists know about this tendency, and exploit it.

His mistake was agreeing to an interview with someone famously fast-witted, with an agenda, and the ability to control the editing.
This 0% chance of anything you say being accurately represented in a format like this.

Plus does anyone think Jon Stewart is going to walk away from one of these “interviews” with a different perspective?

I think that the (state) senator's main problem is being put on the spot - he doesn't seem to do well under pressure. E.g. I can easily fight back against Stewart on every point, but it would be very hard to do so in a live interview situation when he keeps interrupting.
That's when you say to him "You obviously brought me here to hear yourself talk. If you want an actual answer to the question STFU and listen to it."
No one seems to call them out on that BS ,and they should.

That's when you say to him "You obviously brought me here to hear yourself talk. If you want an actual answer to the question STFU and listen to it."

I keep waiting for "witnesses" to do that before Congress, too.

It's infuriating, watching people get forced to come "answer questions" from liars, when the liars are really just heaping insults on the witnesses. And I'm speaking of both parties and all issues.

Yeah, it's his (John Stewart's) show with his fast talking extreme leftist anti-2A agenda and his editing... what do people expect?

I thought that Jon Stewart's talking points (always brought to their absurd extremes) were kind of childish. But I guess some people take him seriously and think he is some kind of leftist genius. I was not impressed, but I guess others were. :rolleyes:

As soon as I heard this Nathan uptalking …..shall be infringed? I knew he was done.

liars are really just heaping insults on the witnesses.
it is classic form when a monologue is hidden into the format of a dialogue. dominant side just constantly suppresses other side and does not let it open the mouth while screaming out its narrated propaganda bullshitt goebbels style.

less prepared people just get stupefied by such approach, and it takes some strength to realize that other side simply has 0 respect to you or to the process, so you must pay them with the same coin.

I always thought that Jon Stewart, deranged leftist scum that he is, was a lot smarter than he shows us in this video. 🤔
Stewart called out the morons denying the Wuhan Flu came from the Wuhan Virology Lab 2 yrs ago on Colbert's show and got destroyed by his liberal Dem buddies.
Maybe it's payback time. 🤨

Everyone thinks they're the smartest person around, and that tends to go double for politicians. Trump used to fall for this kind of thing too. "Oh! Bob Woodward wants to write a book on me? The guy who took down Nixon? Well, Nixon wasn't as smart as me, and Woodward ain't either. I'll show him! He won't catch me in any kind of trap."

So true

When you can't control the editing the editor can make you look like a fool and the other guy a genius.

This is why when Kari Lake does an interview she has her own crew that films the entire interview.
The left has become good at pinning people down with buzz words and talking points that conservatives haven't been able to intelligently articulate their way out of. Calling everyone and everything racist comes to mind. Its the "have you stopped beating your wife" clap trap. Seems like Kari has at least taken one step in the right direction. But avoiding the confrontation isn't going to work.

The left has become good at pinning people down
it`s because most are still too shy to call them what they actually are - marxists, on a same warpath with their ideological warfare.
there is no 'left' anymore.
google just fed me the article this morning about AI - just read it up, what is the content there.
the author is the 'is Professor Emeritus of Art History at Northwestern University'

this is as real as it gets. you deal with bolsheviks on a mission, and it is happening in all aspects of the society.

The left has become good at pinning people down with buzz words and talking points that conservatives haven't been able to intelligently articulate their way out of. Calling everyone and everything racist comes to mind. Its the "have you stopped beating your wife" clap trap. Seems like Kari has at least taken one step in the right direction. But avoiding the confrontation isn't going to work.

Well, but be fair. This wasn't a trick question. The basis of Stewart's whiny question here was "where do you get off regulating 1A, when you claim 2A cannot be regulated?"

I think that's a very fair premise for a question. The jibbering-idiot State legislator had no good answer.

Everyone knows Trump is an egomaniac, he is his worst enemy. He was warned NOT to talk to Woodward but can't help himself. He envisions himself the ultimate salesman, wheeler dealer.

Back
Top Bottom