• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Judge may allow Sandy Hook "victims" to sue Glock

I see this going to the US Surpreme Court. In Co a Judge throw out the case against Lucking Gunner because of the Fedreal Law.

Actually, this could open up that can of tin foil worms as the the validity of the shooting even taking place. All those sealed death certificates and medical examiners files having to be opened up. Police officers having to testify as to why there was a mass casualty shooting drill going on at the same time in the same area. Alex Jones may even testify!
What I don't understand is why there were kids going to school there when the school was closed almost 2 years earlier. I ask this because one of my clients performed there 4 years prior to the shooting in 2008 and the school was shutting down in 2010. Just saying!!

And when they loose which they will, they can pay all the court costs and lawyers fees.

Dean
As nice as this sounds, there are strict limits on when one can collect. One is 42 USC 1983, which is how Comm2A collects when we win a civll rights cases. There was a case on CO where the defendant collected, but that was based on a state, not a federal, law.

It is by no means a given that the plaintiffs in this case will be held liable for legal fees. In general, the bar (and hence the legislatures) don't like that as it could curtail the contingency fee industry.

Didn't that happen with the aurora theater case?

Dean

The "loser pays" provision that resulted in plaintiffs paying defendants' legal bills in the Lucky Gunner lawsuit was part of a Colorado state law that parallels the federal Lawful Commerce in Arms Act.

The AMU M-16 SDM-R is also semi-auto. However, it starts life as an M-16 and is only semi-auto because they drop a nice two-star trigger into it.

Actually, this could open up that can of tin foil worms as the the validity of the shooting even taking place. All those sealed death certificates and medical examiners files having to be opened up. Police officers having to testify as to why there was a mass casualty shooting drill going on at the same time in the same area. Alex Jones may even testify!
What I don't understand is why there were kids going to school there when the school was closed almost 2 years earlier. I ask this because one of my clients performed there 4 years prior to the shooting in 2008 and the school was shutting down in 2010. Just saying!!

I know it can be hard but try not to say such insane stuff.

Mike

Sent from my cell phone with a tiny keyboard and large thumbs...

I don't understand the logic. Not that I agree with it of course, but wouldn't it make more sense to sue the state/Fed gov since they allow the sales/purchase of evil rifles. Or better yet, for not providing the mentally ill with the proper care to protect both themselves and society from harm.

Let them sue. I hope they run out of money. I might go buy a bushmaster this weekend solely on principal.

Back
Top Bottom