• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

June VHF QSO Party

While summer is always busy for everyone with vacations and family obligations I was curious if any NESers are going to be contesting this weekend? (or any contests through year end)

Single-op? Mult-op? Rover? What bands?

I will be operating under K1PRO from FN42 on Saturday, for sure. There will be a game time decision on Saturday whether to /R or not but if I do will be in FN32 on Sunday. We will be a multi-operator (2) station running on 50, 140, 220, 440, 900.

I hope to hear some of you out there!

http://www.arrl.org/june-vhf-qso-party

Well, since there were some views I will drop a summary of my weekend's events here for anyone who is interested or wants to expand the conversation into general contesting.

I worked for 5 hours on Saturday (2PM to 7PM EST) and 10 hours on Sunday (10AM to 8PM EST). Bear in mind there is a 90 minute setup and 75 minute breakdown time for each day, not included in that. Both days I operated from FN42 and made contacts on 6m, 2m, 1.25m, and 70cm.

254 total QSOs (101 Saturday, 153 Sunday).
6m - 137 QSO, 36 grids
2m - 83 QSO, 11 grids
1.25m - 1 QSO, 1 grid
70cm - 33 QSO, 8 grids

There was almost no VHF propagation to speak of either day, except some slight enhancement Sunday afternoon which allowed me to work down into Maryland on 2m and New Jersey on 70cm. There were some great openings on 6m which allowed contacts in AZ, CA, OR and Nicaragua.

Despite the weather is was a great weekend of contesting, and while I will work others on a few bands I am looking forward to dragging everything back out again next June.

Back
Top Bottom