Just a reminder - Today is primary day.

I just got back from voting. I must confess that I didn't know squat about the folks running for Clerk of Courts. Martha Coakley wrote a glowing endorsement for one of them...so I voted for the other one. [grin]

Just got back.

I was the only one there and surprisingly, there were no campaign signs or volunteers standing outside.

Voted for Gabrielli and wrote in Larry Frisoli for AG [smile]

On the way out, I reregistered as an independent.

Now it's just waiting for the main event.

CRAP... Im registered as a REP... can I still vote in this?... If so... I'll go on lunch

RE-register after you vote as "undeclared" or whatever they are calling it since "independent" was dropped. Must have been too assertive. [rolleyes]

You can do it on the way out.

Do you have to change "affiliations" prior to voting today? Meaning, I'm registered Independent, how do I vote today..

I think I know but asked here anyway incase others arent too sure either.

Do you have to change "affiliations" prior to voting today? Meaning, I'm registered Independent, how do I vote today..

I think I know but asked here anyway incase others arent too sure either.

If you're registered as an independent ("unenrolled" is the terminology) just go in and ask for either the Democratic or Republican ballot. That will enroll you in that party so fill out a registration card on your way out to reset yourself to "unenrolled" status.

If you're registered as an independent ("unenrolled" is the terminology) just go in and ask for either the Democratic or Republican ballot. That will enroll you in that party so fill out a registration card on your way out to reset yourself to "unenrolled" status.

In Greenfield you are automatically returned to unenrolled status. I was told that by three election officials present.

In Greenfield you are automatically returned to unenrolled status. I was told that by three election officials present.
Ditto that in Grafton.

As for changing parties, I was under the impression that had to be done 30 days ago if you are enrolled as a Rep and want a Dem ticket. Maybe that's a local thing, but it was stated as such on both the Shrewsbury and Grafton websites. (I posted this on an earlier thread.) I can't speak from personal experience, though; I went in unenrolled and was able to access any of the tickets.

Interesting. A bit more digging turned up the following: in a State primary (like today) unenrolled voters automatically return to unenrolled status. In a Presidential primary they keep their newly declared status. So I filled out a card in 2004 but don't need to today. Thanks for the info.

I haven't voted yet. Not sure if I'll bother, there doesn't seem to be much for me to vote for. I'm a libertarian and I don't know which dem to vote for to help Healey or Mihos. Deval Patrick?

Well, there are two republicans going for Teddy's seat, not they have a snowball's chance, but I will go and vote for one (probably Scott) and write in Larry's name, too. I've got a big fat R after my name (I missed the deadline to unenroll) so that's about all I can do.

As unenrolled, I took a Democrat ballot today to vote against Riley.

My Republican State Senate Candidate, Jay Barrows, was running unopposed, so I don't think I hurt him by taking the Dem. ballot and voting against his toughest oponent, Naughton.

Wish I had thought to write in Larry Frissoli, but I didn't vote for Coakley, Kennedy and most others.

Quite a surprise to see Joe Malone's name on the ballot. I always liked Joe, even if he did get caught up in a mess. I don't think he is a crook.

Need info on Dems

Hi y'all,

I just got back from a 2 week vacation. Haven't had time to look up their stances on the big issues except for a quick look at their web sites. Reilly is a non-starter. So that leaves Patrick, who says ONLY 5 out of 6 handguns used in a crime were bought illegally (that sounds way too low and implies 1/6 was a legal gun owner), and Gabrielle who says nothing on his site on his stance on gun control and Reilly's end-run around the constitution. Most likely in Nov I'll go for Christie (sp?) but for today, I need some input before I head to the polls on the way home at 7:30.

thanks,
Chuck (feeling like it's 1AM)

I am "unenrolled" so I voted in the democratic primary and voted for Deval Patrick as I think he will be the easiest for the Poodle to beat. At least I hope he will be...if he wins I'm going to be soooooooooooo unhappy. LOL

Back
Top Bottom