• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

just applied for my CT non res permit

Well,
I finally applied for my non res CT LTC. Due to the notary public needed and the FP cards I dragged my feet a little longer on this one than I did the NH and ME permits. Not that the Notary public or FP cards (I do my own anyways) are an issue its just that it was that much more running around to the town clerk.

But that will be good. That will give me MA, ME, NH, VT ([rofl] yeah like VT matters [rofl]), and CT. Most of New England.

I wonder how long CT takes to get the permit? ME took me 4 months and NH took about 2 1/2 months.

Rob

DPS says that it takes 6 weeks and that is how long it took to get mine. I too did it through the mail and it was a complete PITA. The renewal I will do in person.

Well,
I finally applied for my non res CT LTC. Due to the notary public needed and the FP cards I dragged my feet a little longer on this one than I did the NH and ME permits. Not that the Notary public or FP cards (I do my own anyways) are an issue its just that it was that much more running around to the town clerk.

But that will be good. That will give me MA, ME, NH, VT ([rofl] yeah like VT matters [rofl]), and CT. Most of New England.

I wonder how long CT takes to get the permit? ME took me 4 months and NH took about 2 1/2 months.

Rob

I got my application a long time ago and it was more of a pain in the ass than the other states so I still haven't completed it.

I did mine in the past year and it took just about a month for it to come back, got the application notarized at the bank, fingerprints at the local PD, passport photo at a camera place, and sent a copy of my Mass. approved pistol safety course. It's a pain to get it all assembled, but once you do you're all set.

Dont they require proof of a recently taken class?

I just sent them a copy of my Mass. approved safety cert. (I took it 4 years ago) and there weren't any issues, and they have a number to call with the packet so you can call with questions.

I sent them a copy of my safety course I took back in 1985. I also sent them copies of all my Glock, Bushmaster, S&W, Blackwater etc Instructor certs.

If that dont work.... screw em.... [grin]

Back
Top Bottom