• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Just made my 3rd Kydex holster - Glock 19C for Underwhere

Hanwei

NES Member
I have to say it's great being able to make a holster and not have to spend $ or wait 60 days for custom work (not that custom work isn't worth it...). [grin]

So my brother gave his Glock 19 holster that he made to a friend of his... and since his finger is still healing, he asked me to make a replacement holster for him.

DONE!

This was a quick job... you can still see some marker outlines on the kydex... [smile]... and is basically a copy of the MK9 holster I made with a few differences in shape, and retention ideas (position of a few rivets). Functionally, it turned out great. Good retention, sits tight to the body, and has about a 15-20 degree cant that De said he wanted.

Anyway... here are some pics:

IMG_5317.jpg

IMG_5286.jpg

IMG_5291.jpg

IMG_5294.jpg

IMG_5300.jpg

IMG_5304.jpg

IMG_5310.jpg

Come on down to Hanwei's Kydex Emporium. Holsters molded while you wait. Buy two and get a free grenade for the kids. [grin]

Came out great my friend.

What do you figure each holster is costing to make?

one sheet of 12"x12" kydex = ~$4... rivets are ~$0.05 each?

Make it for a glock 17/19 an I will be pumped!

It's taking me an average of 4 hours to make one holster so far. Maybe I'll make you one in the future when I've got some time to kill [smile]

Good job!

When can I expect my P239 holster to be ready for pickup? [wink]

When your paypal payment arrives [laugh]

GROUP BUY!!!!!! That is if I ever get the damned prices for the LULA's <grin>

interesting idea [smile]

I have to say it's great being able to make a holster and not have to spend $ or wait 60 days for custom work (not that custom work isn't worth it...). [grin]

So my brother gave his Glock 19 holster that he made to a friend of his... and since his finger is still healing, he asked me to make a replacement holster for him.

DONE!

This was a quick job... you can still see some marker outlines on the kydex... [smile]... and is basically a copy of the MK9 holster I made with a few differences in shape, and retention ideas (position of a few rivets). Functionally, it turned out great. Good retention, sits tight to the body, and has about a 15-20 degree cant that De said he wanted.

Kick ass job! Hook a brotha up! I need a Glock 17 with TLR-1 with seperate belt loops that will attach and fit to a MOLLE belt. [smile]
Easy order. LOL

Reps to you for the great job!

That looks great! What thickness kydex have you found works best?

Thanks! We started out using 0.06" Kydex... which is just thick enough not to be flimsy... but thin enough not to add any bulk at all.

More recently my brother started using 0.04" Kydex just to see how it compares to 0.06".... and I have to say... personally, I wouldn't go thinner than 0.06". The 0.04" Kydex was definitely flimsy... and I don't see it lasting very long being worn daily... and less so if you're going to be hard on it.

0.06" is good to go for normal daily wear. 0.08" is what you'd want to use if you plan on using it for duty/hard use.

For reference... Raven Concealment Systems used to use 0.06" Kydex for their holsters (I have Phantoms for my G19 and G26, made in 2008 and 2009 and both are 0.06")... but recently I ordered 2 Phantoms (made in July 2010) which were made from 0.08" Kydex.

Back
Top Bottom