• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Just passed the House

Not everyone pro 2A agrees with it. Basically is a question of if you value local control over speed.

See the other thread. Personally I think this is short sighted and hope to see Sununu's centrist side via a veto on this one, for reasons that support 2A, although there are anti 2A reasons to want this too.

Yeah, this was a tough one. We've had intentional state-level underfunding of the line, and we could have federal underfunding of the fed NICS (staff) center, too. It's a tough call, but the feds could combine underfunding with a "coincidental" 3-day turnaround, legally, and effectively reimposing a waiting period. While the locals could do the same, at least we have some direct ability to fix that. NH politics are small and local - a Chicago alderman has about the same number of constituents as a NH state senator.

My gut is he'll sign it. The majority of NH 2A folks felt this was worth doing. The pull the other way was for admirable reasons (I say, since I was one of those who felt we should hold off for now), and it wasn't a tiny minority of 2A folks, and included some of those who got us con carry. But in the end he'll side with that majority. What else would he do? Make a veto stink over something slightly more than half his 2A supporters want?

To temper some enthusiasm. If Sununu does sign it, it won't got into effect until next year. Still, both that and 154 were good showings from the house last week.

Back
Top Bottom