Justice Department urges Supreme Court to overturn NYC gun law

mikeyp

NES Member
Justice Department urges Supreme Court to overturn NYC gun law - CNNPolitics

Washington (CNN)The Justice Department on Wednesday urged the Supreme Court to overturn a New York City gun law that regulates where licensed handgun owners can take their firearms.

The justices are poised to hear the Second Amendment case next term, and it will be the first substantive gun rights cases the court has heard since Justice Antonin Scalia's landmark opinion in 2008 holding that the Constitution protects an individual's right to keep a gun at home and a follow up case in 2010.

Since those opinions came down, the court has declined to take up several other follow up cases to the frustration of gun-rights supporters.

Supporters of gun rights fear that the Supreme Court may have decided to weigh in now because Justice Brett Kavanaugh's confirmation last year solidified a 5-4 conservative majority.

Am I reading that last sentence right?

Supporters of gun rights fear that the Supreme Court may have decided to weigh in now because Justice Brett Kavanaugh's confirmation last year solidified a 5-4 conservative majority.

What?...Why?
Maybe it should read..."Supporters of more gun laws and restrictions fear"

Am I reading that last sentence right?

What?...Why?
Maybe it should read..."Supporters of more gun laws and restrictions fear"

I read that three times, trying to figure out what I was missing before scrolling down to your post and seeing we're all asking "WTF do they mean by that?"

SCOTUS is swimming in a sea of amicus briefs on this one. Our side is loading them up good and the anti's are as well. I read the brady brief and it has some pretty contorted pretzel logic in it.

With any luck there will be a replacement for the bridge troll on the court before this case moves forward
Harris was on the commie news networks yesterday crying that we need to amend the constitution to max out how many justices a president can apt.

f***ing bitch......yeah.....it was fine when the libs were in power.......or when Obama got to apt 2.....now it's a problem?!?!?

iu

Harris was on the commie news networks yesterday crying that we need to amend the constitution to max out how many justices a president can apt.

f***ing bitch......yeah.....it was fine when the libs were in power.......or when Obama got to apt 2.....now it's a problem?!?!?

So let her propose legislation today and add 9 more justices and Trump can appoint 9 more to the court. I bet she won't like it then.

Back
Top Bottom