• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Justice Thomas absent from 1st day of new SCOTUS term due to "unspecified illness"

Clarence Thomas is 71, which in SCOTUS terms isn't very old (context: RBG is 86). SCOTUS is an extremely demanding job so missing a day seems like big news, but isn't really.

A spiritual voice told me in 2017 that President Trump would appoint five Supreme Court Justices.

[smile]

That is a LOT of liberal tears. I'm pretty sure that would cause an apocalyptic flood or something. I better go check my kayak for sea worthiness...

Was "extremely demanding job" sarcastic? A roofer has a far more demanding job than some guy/gal that sits around in black pajamas all day.

Seriously. He’s said at most three words since he was appointed to the bench. No one is even going to notice he’s gone.

I'd be glad to explain more and describe what judges actually do... off the record.

“For those of us who work in marbled halls, guarded constantly by a vigilant and dedicated police force, the guarantees of the Second Amendment might seem antiquated and superfluous. But the Framers made a clear choice: They reserved to all Americans the right to bear arms for self-defense. I do not think we should stand by idly while a State denies its citizens that right, particularly when their very lives may depend on it”

THOMAS, J., dissenting
SUPREME COURT OF THE UNITED STATES
EDWARD PERUTA, ET AL. v. CALIFORNIA, ET AL. ON PETITION FOR WRIT OF CERTIORARI TO THE UNITED
STATES COURT OF APPEALS FOR THE NINTH CIRCUIT No. 16–894. Decided June 26, 2017

“For those of us who work in marbled halls, guarded constantly by a vigilant and dedicated police force, the guarantees of the Second Amendment might seem antiquated and superfluous. But the Framers made a clear choice: They reserved to all Americans the right to bear arms for self-defense. I do not think we should stand by idly while a State denies its citizens that right, particularly when their very lives may depend on it”

THOMAS, J., dissenting
SUPREME COURT OF THE UNITED STATES
EDWARD PERUTA, ET AL. v. CALIFORNIA, ET AL. ON PETITION FOR WRIT OF CERTIORARI TO THE UNITED
STATES COURT OF APPEALS FOR THE NINTH CIRCUIT No. 16–894. Decided June 26, 2017

Thomas and Kavanaugh dissented...where the fvck were the rest....because the dissent reasoning is as obvious as getting hit in the face with a wet mackerel [hmmm]

Thomas and Kavanaugh dissented...where the fvck were the rest....because the dissent reasoning is as obvious as getting hit in the face with a wet mackerel [hmmm]

No, it was Thomas and Gorsuch. Kav not even sworn at that point, iirc... Cert vote was june 2017. I can't see who abstained etc either....
Screenshot_20191129-115927_Hancom Office Editor.jpg

Back
Top Bottom