Juvenile Burglar Shot And Killed When West Palm Beach Homeowner Returns Home

http://www.cbs12.com/news/top-stories/stories/vid_13387.shtml?wap=0

Story by Lauren Hills / CBS 12 NEWS

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. -- Police say a West Palm Beach man shot and killed a 16-year-old intruder after he came home for lunch, and saw the suspect attempting to rob his home.

Authorities say it all happened around 1 p.m. Wednesday when the homeowner at 733 57th Street came home for lunch.

"Went inside and noticed there's a young male juvenile he didn't recognize," said Capt. Dave Bernhardt with West Palm Beach Police. "He was taking some firearms and laying them on a sheet to get ready to steal them."

Police say the teenage intruder pointed a weapon at the homeowner, they fought, and the homeowner shot the suspect two or three times.

"He was in fear for his life with firearms, someone he doesn't know there in his house stealing guns," said Capt.Bernhardt.

Captain Bernhardt said Northwood has seen a decrease in crime, but they still get calls here.

"Never been this close to anything like this before, it's scary," said Kayla Griffith, who lives across the street.

The teen suspect has a criminal record and was on probation, according to police.

TALKBACK NOW: Should Florida's 'Stand Your Ground' law be changed in wake of recent shootings involving teens killed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it a wake of shootings or a media agenda?
Can we chip in and buy the homeowner(victim) a round of golf and a burger.

Last edited:
Zero sympathy except for the victim who has to live with the memory of bodily pieces strewn about his domicile.

-Proud to be dad every day, a licensed plumber most days, and wish I was a shoemaker on others.

Geez. If it's a media agenda, they just have to stop reporting these teen deaths. Just feed them to the gators and keep your mouth shut.

If I am in that situation and have to decide what to do, I decide to keep my life at any cost, But that's just me

Tim [wink]

A teenage scummer, on probation, caught red handed stealing again.

Home owner shoots said scummer dead.

Sounds to me like the guy just saved the Taxpayers a fortune in future incarceration fees, etc.

I say give the guy a medal.

If the kid walked off with the firearms they would have ended up in criminal hands. And I don't know about the rest of you, but at 16 I knew EXACTLY the difference between what was wrong and right. There are NO excuses for violent crime like B&E.

Poor homeowner did NOT want his day to go that way when he woke up, but made the right call.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

If the kid walked off with the firearms they would have ended up in criminal hands. And I don't know about the rest of you, but at 16 I knew EXACTLY the difference between what was wrong and right. There are NO excuses for violent crime like B&E.

Poor homeowner did NOT want his day to go that way when he woke up, but made the right call.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Love this. The homeowner was only keeping illegal guns off the streets. Gun control advocates should give him a medal. He kept his guns under control and used extreme measures to do so.

I guarantee it will take about 10 seconds for some trayvon fapper douchebag type to say something stupid like "well if he locked up his guns he wouldn't have had to shoot a kid" [rolleyes] or something similarly retarded.

-Mike

Love this. The homeowner was only keeping illegal guns off the streets. Gun control advocates should give him a medal. He kept his guns under control and used extreme measures to do so.

Unfortunately they'll tally the 16yo under "child killed by firearms" category.

The teen's mother came by the house Wednesday evening and told CBS12, "My son is gone. I can never bring him back. I'm sorry he was in somebody's house doing whatever he was doing. That's not how he was raised. But as far as the homeowner, he took a life and that's something he has to deal with."

True, I hope the homeowner can sleep at night, because "taking a life" cannot be easy. Although, he didn't take a life - he SAVED lives - his own and his family's. As for her POS son "doing whatever he was doing" being gone - good riddance.

Zero sympathy except for the victim who has to live with the memory of bodily pieces strewn about his domicile.

-Proud to be dad every day, a licensed plumber most days, and wish I was a shoemaker on others.
Thank you and +1 for accurately stating who the victim is. In MA, there would be no less than 5 victims, and possibly 20 if you count all the neighbors who had to shelter in place.

Back
Top Bottom