• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Kahr PM9

Hey fellas, I'm having a minor problem with my 6 round magazine. Namely, the magazine sticks a little when I eject it and I have to pull it the rest of the way out. The 7 round mag is fine. It's always been this way but it didn't really bother me until I read in the manual that the magazine should be able to drop out freely. So I was wondering if anyone has experienced this, and if so is there a solution? Thanks.

I've had the CM9 for a little over a year now and absolutely love the gun. I carry it IWB as well as in the pocket using a Desantis nemesis superfly pocket holster and I forget it's there most of the time. The trigger is long but smooth and if you shoot revolvers it won't take long to get use to the trigger. The PM/CM series are great guns for the money. I've shot probably around 800 rounds through it with zero issues. One minor issue I had (which was my fault) was when I was cleaning the slide and got some fouling crap on the rear sight and was digging it out with a cloth and my fingernail and the white dot fell out. So I just got some whiteout and painted in back on. Still shoots great. It is hard to do quick double tap shots with it but I find if I aim a little high (to compensate for the long trigger and pulling the whole gun downwards) when I'm shooting quickly, I can hit my steel plate everytime at ~10 yards.

If you want a good pocket carry and IWB carry gun then pick up a PM9/CM9, you won't be disappointed.

I had the slide, barrel, and slide stop lever polished by Kahr a few months ago and it came out awesome.

View attachment 75762View attachment 75763View attachment 75764

That looks sick! How much does kahr charge to polish it?

sounds like a great gun.....BUT they cost $699 here at Collectors Gallery and about $695 every where else I've looked. My Glock 9mm only cost $525. I can't afford a 700+ gun (with MA taxes) and buy ammo for it!!!!!!!!!11

You could probably polish it yourself if you the proper wheel and rouge. Wish I still had access to a machine shop.

That looks sick! How much does kahr charge to polish it?

Including shipping I think it was $175. They have information on their website about it, I think it was called the deluxe polish package. Not cheap but I wanted it to stand out a bit so I sent it to Kahr. It took almost 2 months to get back though, was told it would be 14-21 business days.

sounds like a great gun.....BUT they cost $699 here at Collectors Gallery and about $695 every where else I've looked. My Glock 9mm only cost $525. I can't afford a 700+ gun (with MA taxes) and buy ammo for it!!!!!!!!!11

I hear ya. That's why I was lucky enough to get my CM9 (w/ 2 mags) for a like $420 including the transfer. Looking at the CM9 it's hard to justify another $300 for the PM9 because it has better machining and a match grade barrel. The CM series is a great value if you can find one.

Hey fellas, I'm having a minor problem with my 6 round magazine. Namely, the magazine sticks a little when I eject it and I have to pull it the rest of the way out. The 7 round mag is fine. It's always been this way but it didn't really bother me until I read in the manual that the magazine should be able to drop out freely. So I was wondering if anyone has experienced this, and if so is there a solution? Thanks.

Hmm, I encounter that with the 7 round mag but never with the 6 rounder. I would guess its a magazine issue and not the gun since you don't have any issues with the 7 round mag. Not sure if you're on Facebook but I've messaged them a few times on FB and they're pretty quick to respond especially with issues people are having with their guns. Good luck.

Hmm, I encounter that with the 7 round mag but never with the 6 rounder. I would guess its a magazine issue and not the gun since you don't have any issues with the 7 round mag. Not sure if you're on Facebook but I've messaged them a few times on FB and they're pretty quick to respond especially with issues people are having with their guns. Good luck.

Ok, thanks. I read on a Kahr site that the feed lip area where the metal is bent inwards needs to squished in a little (meaning that both sides need to be squashed together a little). I haven't tried it yet but it seems others have had success. You have to take out the follower before doing this procedure though.

The safety can just be left off. It would be impossible to engage by accident. It's hard to engage period.

This.

The PM9 is my EDC, also....and IMO, don't bother with trying to train engaging while drawing. Leave it off and forget about it.

I had the slide, barrel, and slide stop lever polished by Kahr a few months ago and it came out awesome.

Looks nice, but I went the other direction...evil and killy.

Graphite Black cerakote

1.jpg 2.jpg

Last edited:
This.

The PM9 is my EDC, also....and IMO, don't bother with trying to train engaging while drawing. Leave it off and forget about it.

Looks nice, but I went the other direction...evil and killy.

Graphite Black cerakote

View attachment 75905View attachment 75906

Nice! That is how I like my carry guns, all black and killy looking so there is no bling to draw unwanted attention. I was actually trying to find one of their "Black Diamond" edition for this reason, but if I got a 2 tone, I would just go the route you did.

I hear ya. That's why I was lucky enough to get my CM9 (w/ 2 mags) for a like $420 including the transfer. Looking at the CM9 it's hard to justify another $300 for the PM9 because it has better machining and a match grade barrel. The CM series is a great value if you can find one.

I agree with you since a match grade barrel on a mouse gun seems like a waste since it's not meant to be a target gun anyway so I'm sure the CM is plenty accurate for defensive range. I don't think that the CM is MA compliant though, and if it is, I have never seen one available anywhere.

I agree with you since a match grade barrel on a mouse gun seems like a waste since it's not meant to be a target gun anyway so I'm sure the CM is plenty accurate for defensive range. I don't think that the CM is MA compliant though, and if it is, I have never seen one available anywhere.

With enough practice it's pretty darn accurate at ~10 yards. No it isn't MA compliant which is ridiculous but that's a whole other issue. I keep reading that people say the MA compliant versions have a lighter trigger pull than the non MA compliant versions. I tried a PM9 a guy at my club had just bought and his felt heavier than mine and he even said so. His trigger would be smooth up until halfway it would just start to bind up and get really hard to pull and break. Maybe it needed to get broken in but my trigger doesn't seem to have lightened up since I got it. But I've only put like 800 rounds through it. I'd like to try shooting another MA compliant PM9 just to see. Not like you can do anything about the trigger but I was just curious.

With enough practice it's pretty darn accurate at ~10 yards. No it isn't MA compliant which is ridiculous but that's a whole other issue. I keep reading that people say the MA compliant versions have a lighter trigger pull than the non MA compliant versions. I tried a PM9 a guy at my club had just bought and his felt heavier than mine and he even said so. His trigger would be smooth up until halfway it would just start to bind up and get really hard to pull and break. Maybe it needed to get broken in but my trigger doesn't seem to have lightened up since I got it. But I've only put like 800 rounds through it. I'd like to try shooting another MA compliant PM9 just to see. Not like you can do anything about the trigger but I was just curious.

That's interesting wrt the trigger pull. I have read about the MA version having a lighter trigger, but have no idea why that would be. I would think that substituting whatever trigger parts or springs that are different in the MA version would "fix" the free state version, no? As for why the CM series is not compliant, I agree that's totally ridiculous since it's essentially the same gun, and certainly not any more "dangerous".[laugh]

Not like you can do anything about the trigger...
You can use reduced power striker spring available from Wolff. Obviously, there is a risk of a light primer strike but I ran couple of hundred rounds through my gun after this mod with not a single FTF, and the trigger is much more manageable.

You can use reduced power striker spring available from Wolff. Obviously, there is a risk of a light primer strike but I ran couple of hundred rounds through my gun after this mod with not a single FTF, and the trigger is much more manageable.

Oh really I wasn't aware of that mod. So it's pretty easy to install? And there's a noticeable difference in the trigger pull?

Oh really I wasn't aware of that mod. So it's pretty easy to install? And there's a noticeable difference in the trigger pull?

It's fairly easy to install,l but you better do it in an area where you can find small parts if they fly away from you or be prepared to pay $8 shipping to get a $1.50 part from Kahr(ask me how I know). There is a detailed guide with pictures somewhere on the interwebz. The trigger pull after the mod is still long but noticeably lighter.

Did you buy it new?

If so, it wasn't dirty. Firearms are packed with grease from the factory to prolong shelf life. I haven't bought a firearm that didn't need to be stripped out of the box. Well Glock of course.

Did you buy it new?

If so, it wasn't dirty. Firearms are packed with grease from the factory to prolong shelf life. I haven't bought a firearm that didn't need to be stripped out of the box. Well Glock of course.

Yes, I bought it new. The slide was very gritty before I cleaned it, much smoother now. The entire gun was "dirty". I used lots of q-tips and patches, even the inside of the barrel soiled the patch pretty good.

I'm glad I got the first field strip done. It should go easier in the future. BTW, the gun looks better in person; I can't seem to take a flattering picture.

Did you buy it new?

I found this which seems to explain my gun being dirty. A KahrTalk member called Kahr asking them about their firing procedure before shipping them to dealers:

"Eoin Pryal informed me that Kahr runs four six round magazines through each gun before the guns are shipped to the dealers. They use a variety of ammunition, but all ammunition is brass cased, copper jacketed factory first ammunition that meets SAAMI specs. The guns are not cleaned after the test firing."

I saw a new cm9 and a cm40 for sale at a mass gun shop recently. Can they be bought or sold legally? How does that work?

PM9 in the front pocket with a DeSantis Nemesis or back pocket with DeSantis Superfly. and a Pocket Mag Packer in the off hand front pocket.

Im assuming that all the guys that pocket carry wear baggy pants. I wear jeans most of the time and no way could I pocket carry. Even my little beretta 25 acp is uncomfortable. Not to mention trying to reach into front jeans pocket would take forever.

Im assuming that all the guys that pocket carry wear baggy pants. I wear jeans most of the time and no way could I pocket carry. Even my little beretta 25 acp is uncomfortable. Not to mention trying to reach into front jeans pocket would take forever.

I wear just the average jeans not too tight and definitely not baggy either. Fortunately most of the pairs of jeans I wear have deep pockets so I can easily slip my CM9 into the nemesis pocket holster and it looks like I have an android phone or big wallet in my front pocket.

I wear just the average jeans not too tight and definitely not baggy either. Fortunately most of the pairs of jeans I wear have deep pockets so I can easily slip my CM9 into the nemesis pocket holster and it looks like I have an android phone or big wallet in my front pocket.

Hey big boy, is that an Android phone you got there or are you just happy to see me?

Sorry, something just came over me; I couldn't help myself hehe.

Seriously, your experience with the pocket carry mirrors mine. I just wear baggier pants though. I've been kicking around the idea of still carrying the PM9 in my front pocket but having the G27 IWB too. Heck, lots of cops have the PM9 as their backup carry for their open pistol, why shouldn't a civilian have a backup to their concealed carry?

I went through all the trial and error of pocket carry (cargo shorts/jeans, etc) and realized it really doesn't offer me the speed and efficiency needed in a life-or-death situation. I also found it quite uncomfortable having the gun flapping around in the cargo pocket hitting right above my knees or bugging the crap out of me when trying to sit down. I wound up getting a kydex custom from PJ Holster which I wear at my 4 o'clock.

As always, YMMV.

I went through all the trial and error of pocket carry (cargo shorts/jeans, etc) and realized it really doesn't offer me the speed and efficiency needed in a life-or-death situation. I also found it quite uncomfortable having the gun flapping around in the cargo pocket hitting right above my knees or bugging the crap out of me when trying to sit down. I wound up getting a kydex custom from PJ Holster which I wear at my 4 o'clock.

As always, YMMV.

That was my experience as well. I figured that buying one of the smallest MA compliant guns (BG380) would make it simple, but it never worked for me, and as you mentioned it is too cumbersome to ever be practical under stress. In the end I got rid of the BG because it wasn't worth dealing with the smaller round AND crappy trigger if I wasn't going to pocket carry, so I just went back to IWB with either my SR9c, or on occasion 1911. I definitely want something smaller for summer carry though, and the PM9/CM9 is definitely on my short list.

I went through all the trial and error of pocket carry (cargo shorts/jeans, etc) and realized it really doesn't offer me the speed and efficiency needed in a life-or-death situation.

That hasn't been the case for me. The important thing to realize about pocket carry is that if your alert level goes up to orange, you can put your hand in your pocket and take a firing grip without frightening the sheep. You can't do that with belt carry. As a result, the draw time can be very much the same as the draw time from an IWB holster, since pocket carry can give you a head start.

I also found it quite uncomfortable having the gun flapping around in the cargo pocket hitting right above my knees or bugging the crap out of me when trying to sit down.

That's why I don't carry my PM9 in my cargo pocket. I put it in my right front pocket instead, and it doesn't bug me at all when sitting down. The key to comfortable pocket carry is a small, light gun in loose fitting pants.

That hasn't been the case for me. The important thing to realize about pocket carry is that if your alert level goes up to orange, you can put your hand in your pocket and take a firing grip without frightening the sheep. You can't do that with belt carry. As a result, the draw time can be very much the same as the draw time from an IWB holster, since pocket carry can give you a head start.

That's why I don't carry my PM9 in my cargo pocket. I put it in my right front pocket instead, and it doesn't bug me at all when sitting down. The key to comfortable pocket carry is a small, light gun in loose fitting pants.

THIS. I can have my hand in my pocket, inside the holster, finger just off the trigger and safety off without the sheep knowing. if it came time, I think it would be drawn as a unit and the uncle mike would get ventilated upon initial discharge.

THIS. I can have my hand in my pocket, inside the holster, finger just off the trigger and safety off without the sheep knowing. if it came time, I think it would be drawn as a unit and the uncle mike would get ventilated upon initial discharge.

Get a better pocket holster that won't come out of the pocket when you draw. The Mika holster works perfectly for me -- it stays in the pocket when I draw. It is inexpensive and turnaround is pretty quick. The Mika holster isn't pretty at all, but it works.

Back
Top Bottom