• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Kahr PM9

That hasn't been the case for me. The important thing to realize about pocket carry is that if your alert level goes up to orange, you can put your hand in your pocket and take a firing grip without frightening the sheep. You can't do that with belt carry. As a result, the draw time can be very much the same as the draw time from an IWB holster, since pocket carry can give you a head start.

That's why I don't carry my PM9 in my cargo pocket. I put it in my right front pocket instead, and it doesn't bug me at all when sitting down. The key to comfortable pocket carry is a small, light gun in loose fitting pants.

^^Exactly. I would not suggest carrying the PM9 in the cargo pocket. I tried that at first and like others have said, it just bangs against your leg and becomes uncomfortable and annoying very quickly. If you have deep enough front pockets, just put it in the front pocket. I forget its there when I'm driving, walking the dog, getting groceries etc.

I practice drawing it from my pocket every once in a while and even with the pinky extension on the 6 round mag, I can still easily draw it. Especially like M1911 said, you can put your hand in your pocket and take a firing grip without anyone knowing which would increase your draw speed even more. You just need to have pockets that are deep enough so the slide or grips aren't sticking out of the pocket and just wide enough so you can draw the gun in and out from the pocket.

THIS. I can have my hand in my pocket, inside the holster, finger just off the trigger and safety off without the sheep knowing. if it came time, I think it would be drawn as a unit and the uncle mike would get ventilated upon initial discharge.

I'd recommend the Desantis nemesis m44 superfly pocket holster. It has like a rubbery grip texture that gives it enough friction to stay/stick in the pocket and not move around. It also comes with a velcro flap that helps with printing and helps cover the end of the gun (grips, end of slide) in the pocket but I never use it. $30 shipped on Amazon:

Amazon.com: DESANTIS M44 Super Fly Pocket Holster Ambidextrous Black Kahr PM9,PM40,MK9,MK40 Nylon M44BJMKZ0: Sports & Outdoors

I practice drawing it from my pocket every once in a while and even with the pinky extension on the 6 round mag, I can still easily draw it. Especially like M1911 said, you can put your hand in your pocket and take a firing grip without anyone knowing which would increase your draw speed even more. You just need to have pockets that are deep enough so the slide or grips aren't sticking out of the pocket and just wide enough so you can draw the gun in and out from the pocket.

You also need loose fitting pants. Stop wearing those skinny jeans -- they look ridiculous anyways. [laugh]

I have so much shit that I carry (Gerber, wallet, keys, iPhone) that I need the real estate. Comfort aside, losing a pocket to my CCW doesn't make much sense to me. But hey, it's all about what works for YOU.

I have so much shit that I carry (Gerber, wallet, keys, iPhone) that I need the real estate. Comfort aside, losing a pocket to my CCW doesn't make much sense to me. But hey, it's all about what works for YOU.

That's why I wear cargo pants. Knife is clipped to right rear pocket. Flashlight is clipped to left rear pocket. To save my back, I put my wallet in lower right cargo pocket. Keys in front left pocket. Gun in front right pocket. The pants that I wear have a long narrow pocket on the thighs. My iPhone goes in the right thigh pocket and my spare mag goes in the left thigh pocket. What did that Navy captain say? A pocket for everything and everything in its pocket. Or something like that. [laugh]

Very informative thread. I've been researching the PM9 for a few weeks and had a lot of questions about it that this thread has answered. Thnak's, gentlemen. I guess I'll proceed with the purchase.

+1 On the GREAT thread... Very informative !!!

Definitely got my interest now... Would love to hear any comments from those who carry one left handed.

You also need loose fitting pants. Stop wearing those skinny jeans -- they look ridiculous anyways. [laugh]

Jean pockets nearly universally suck anyways, even on loose fit jeans the pockets are always "tight" compared to regular pants of the same size.

-Mike

Hey big boy, is that an Android phone you got there or are you just happy to see me?

Sorry, something just came over me; I couldn't help myself hehe.

Seriously, your experience with the pocket carry mirrors mine. I just wear baggier pants though. I've been kicking around the idea of still carrying the PM9 in my front pocket but having the G27 IWB too. Heck, lots of cops have the PM9 as their backup carry for their open pistol, why shouldn't a civilian have a backup to their concealed carry?

I'm sure something came all over you. Wash your hand. [laugh]

I'm a lefty. I have had no issues with the PM9 as far as operating it left-handed. Just takes some practice as with many other handguns that are defaulted for the right-handed. I operate the mag release with my left middle finger efficiently and reach over the slide to release it with my right. Practice and build muscle memory... then it's no big deal.

Two possible issues for a lefty are that the mag release and slide stop are not ambidextrous.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

PM9 the same size as the MK9, just ones a polymer lower and the other is steel?

Yes, the extra weight of the MK9 makes it awesome to shoot but hard to pocket carry - your pants have a noticeable sag. Really liked the one I had but ended up selling it and buying a PM9(black diamond - same as OP [thumbsup]).

Hey fellas, I've been reading about the front of the PM9's frame developing an expansion in width (bulge) from shooting the weapon. Has anyone who has put a decent amount of rounds through the gun noticed this happening?

Skinny jeans sometimes look good on attractive women. On men? No, they don't.

You sure about that? Hater.
123bjvk.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

how do you get your talons through them?

put your socks on first.

Out of my guns, the PM9 is my favorite. Its also my carry piece. Looks and feels great. I saw a picture of one online with a "mirror polished" slide and looks awesome.

Back
Top Bottom