Kalashnikov Buy

Not sure if it has been mentioned yet but Yugo M70's are good rifles. Was my first AK variant and I couldn't kill the thing. Not much more $ then a wasr and its built on a better receiver. Plus you get the cool grenade sight [smile]

ETA: Don't forget about a VZ-58. Not an "AK" but its a Hell of a rifle.

sa58vmaly.jpg

Hmmm I think I want one of those, except with a fixed stock and no bayo lug

I had a WASR for a while, it never malfunctioned, but was really rough around the edges. Ended up selling it and picking up a polytech sidefolder and I could not be happier.

005-2.jpg

VZ58 is an awesome rifle. Although it looks like an AK it is actually a very different mechanism.

They are built like a tank with a milled receiver. Are lighter than an AK and more accurate. And they stay open after the last round.

Downsides... they get freaking hot quickly. They have a proprietary magazine (not the same as an AK).

I have two and love'em.

I've had the pleasure of shooting a fellow member's VZ58- and I agree with richc... they are truely a pleasure to shoot.

It does not feel like an AK. It's got a more "solid" feel. And the bolt and carrier feels fancy in comparison, in a good way. Smoother, tighter.

Downsides... they get freaking hot quickly. They have a proprietary magazine (not the same as an AK).

I have two and love'em.

I think I shot one of yours at an NES shoot a while back and the only bad thing I noticed was they do indeed get very hot in a short time. Other than that its a great rifle design.

Back
Top Bottom