Kansas police investigate whether fatal shooting was result of prank called 'swatting'

Stupid kids. Arguing over a $2 bet. Kid#1 threatens to swat kid#2. Kid#2 says go ahead and gives a false address. Cops show up at some random dudes house and shoot him on the porch. Kid#1 doubles down on stupidity by bragging on Twitter that he (thought he) swatted kid#2 and how he bears no responsibility because he didnt pull the trigger, etc.

1514604216281.png

Stupid kids. Arguing over a $2 bet. Kid#1 threatens to swat kid#2. Kid#2 says go ahead and gives a false address. Cops show up at some random dudes house and shoot him on the porch. Kid#1 doubles down on stupidity by bragging on Twitter that he (thought he) swatted kid#2 and how he bears no responsibility because he didnt pull the trigger, etc.

1514604216281.png

I'd pay money to be the breacher on that kid's door, or the first one through the door. Either or, I'd just like to get my hands on him. Despite what many here think, I hate the idea of wasting time and money on a prank. When you mention a SWAT callout, it gets expensive quick if the guys are off duty and it's an outright OT callout.

I do agree that it is not funny although the fact that a law maker from Mass. tried to pass a anti-swatting bill in 2015 and then was herself a target of swatting does get a slight chuckle

This is what we all said was going to happen if this swatting did not stop and it happened. Whoever made the call goes to prison for life, no parole.

But, it's the pussy pig cop who pulled the trigger because he's a shitty pussy pig who can't do his job or is otherwise a bloodthirsty maniac who was waiting for his moment to blow brains out in his oath to protect and serve. Allegedly this was a hostage situation, how does the cop know who the hostages are and who aren't? He just blows away the first person that answers the door? Imagine if this really was a hostage situation and the suspect sent a hostage to open the door and the stupid pigs turned the hostage into swiss cheese?

No, this is a bad job by a dumb pig who needs to have his badge and gun taken away and seek out a new career in the... custodial arts.

But, if you ask me, I think it's safest if all cops are rounded up and sent to Gitmo and held without charges because they're a clear and present danger to society. Given their training and propensity to protect other officers, we are looking at the largest domestic terrorist sleeper cell in the country that's killed far more people on our streets than Al Qaeda ever has.

Last edited:
Bodycam footage is showing up on the news.

Ugly all around. Guy goes to his door with nothing wrong in his house, and immediately gets in a life-or-death game of "Simon Says" with multiple guys shouting from across the street. Loses when he "moved his hands to his waistband".

Two things stood out for me. First, there seem to be at least 2 people shouting at him. Second, I'd bet large that far too many officers, including the one who killed this guy, had their fingers hard on the triggers.

This won't end until the concept of "qualified immunity" goes away. Yeah, it would be really hard to be the cop who ends up in jail for making a stupid mistake caused by stress and miserable trigger discipline. Still not as hard as being the guy who's dead.

This won't end until the concept of "qualified immunity" goes away. Yeah, it would be really hard to be the cop who ends up in jail for making a stupid mistake caused by stress and miserable trigger discipline. Still not as hard as being the guy who's dead.
A faster deterrent would be do to away with paid administrative leave, and replace it with immediate termination.

I'm not shooting my gun at someone unless I believe it's the only way to save my life. I know that if I do, I'm losing my LTC and going to jail. I can't shoot someone because I think they might have a gun and think they might use a gun to harm me. Why should the standard be different for the police?

Cop was across the street and blasted him for furtive movements. Just when I've thought I've seen all the Barney Fife shit and totally reaffirm that there are a lot of trigger happy idiots wearing a badge.

If I shot someone on the street like that I'd be in prison.

I'm not shooting my gun at someone unless I believe it's the only way to save my life. I know that if I do, I'm losing my LTC and going to jail. I can't shoot someone because I think they might have a gun and think they might use a gun to harm me. Why should the standard be different for the police?

It shouldn't. Even more so because, in this case, they were at a distance, behind cover, and in body armor. The threat in those circumstances from one guy with a handgun is not particularly high.

These's a discussion in another thread about a kid doing a carjacking with a BB gun. I think it's an even money bet that if you shot that kid ("I thought it was a real gun!"), you would find yourself jailed for an extended period of time (at least in MA). If that's the level we have to live with, it should be the same for government employees.

Last edited:
Cop was across the street and blasted him for furtive movements. Just when I've thought I've seen all the Barney Fife shit and totally reaffirm that there are a lot of trigger happy idiots wearing a badge.

Cant really think of another example where a non-professional is held to a higher standard than people who are trained to do it for a living. Doctors, carpenters, truck drivers, etc, on and on. As a non LEO...
-shoot a guy on his porch from across the street
-shoot a guy in a gas station parking lot when he exits his car with his wallet in his hand
-shoot a drunk guy in a hotel hallway who's crawling on the floor when he tries to pull up his shorts
-shoot a guy in Walmart when you turn into the aisle and see him talking on the phone while holding a bb gun

go to jail every single time.

I had a client who’s car was slammed into on the highway, apparently intentionally. Client got out of his car and saw other guy with something in his hand. Client upholstered his gun. Reholstered it when he realized other guy was holding a cell phone. Never pointed gun or touched trigger.

Client charged with assault with a deadly weapon

Now I need to ponder what protocol I should follow should police arrive at my home... I hadn't given it much thought before. Normally, they calmly walk up to door, ring doorbell, and I answer and all is well. Although, in this case, the victim would have been able to notice police forming positions around his home and acting very agitated. So, that's my first clue to handle this differently.... don't answer the door! Don't even look out a window. I do have cameras so I can see what is going on using my cell phone. But by not answering door, this will of course make the cops even more enraged... it is possible they could just start shooting up the house full of holes with no idea where I am in it. So, I should go for a protected area from the gunfire. My basement should work for this. They will eventually decide to smash their way in and potentially shoot at anything. So, I need to be in the best position to deal with that. Lay face down with arms on back and don't move, and in front of one of my cameras as evidence (they record directly to cloud)? I'm not sure what would be better. Maybe if I look like a corpse, they will think I am just evidence. Should I miraculously avoid getting shot full of holes for just laying there, I am then in big trouble for disobeying cops, etc. They will NOT be happy that I didn't comply immediately with their contradictory demands screamed by multiple cops at once, which would have included coming to the door, which means getting shot.

Wow, this sucks.

I'd pay money to be the breacher on that kid's door, or the first one through the door. Either or, I'd just like to get my hands on him. Despite what many here think, I hate the idea of wasting time and money on a prank. When you mention a SWAT callout, it gets expensive quick if the guys are off duty and it's an outright OT callout.
LOL all you care about is the time and money and not the uninvolved dead guy? As far as I'm concerned the police and the swatter should be prosecuted. It's cool that we live in a society now where some dick head can just call the cops, blow a little smoke up their ass, and get somebody killed or on a good day have their home invaded in guns pointed at them and their family....

Cant really think of another example where a non-professional is held to a higher standard than people who are trained to do it for a living. Doctors, carpenters, truck drivers, etc, on and on. As a non LEO...
-shoot a guy on his porch from across the street
-shoot a guy in a gas station parking lot when he exits his car with his wallet in his hand
-shoot a drunk guy in a hotel hallway who's crawling on the floor when he tries to pull up his shorts
-shoot a guy in Walmart when you turn into the aisle and see him talking on the phone while holding a bb gun

go to jail every single time.

The gas station guy actually did get prosecuted but there seems to be this fog about whether or not he actually went/could actually go to prison. Actually if I remember correctly that cop lost his job and he just got arrested for shoplifting or some shit not that long ago...

Now I need to ponder what protocol I should follow should police arrive at my home... I hadn't given it much thought before. Normally, they calmly walk up to door, ring doorbell, and I answer and all is well. Although, in this case, the victim would have been able to notice police forming positions around his home and acting very agitated. So, that's my first clue to handle this differently.... don't answer the door! Don't even look out a window. I do have cameras so I can see what is going on using my cell phone. But by not answering door, this will of course make the cops even more enraged... it is possible they could just start shooting up the house full of holes with no idea where I am in it. So, I should go for a protected area from the gunfire. My basement should work for this. They will eventually decide to smash their way in and potentially shoot at anything. So, I need to be in the best position to deal with that. Lay face down with arms on back and don't move, and in front of one of my cameras as evidence (they record directly to cloud)? I'm not sure what would be better. Maybe if I look like a corpse, they will think I am just evidence. Should I miraculously avoid getting shot full of holes for just laying there, I am then in big trouble for disobeying cops, etc. They will NOT be happy that I didn't comply immediately with their contradictory demands screamed by multiple cops at once, which would have included coming to the door, which means getting shot.

Wow, this sucks.

If a cop draws on you, you are going to die. There is no escape. Your only hope is to lie down, put your hands on your head with your legs crossed, and hope there is video so when the cop shoots you your family can get a settlement. Because the cop is not going to serve any time. All he has to do is say "I was scared" or "I thought he was reaching for a weapon". Or you could go out in a blaze of glory, but then your family won't get a cash settlement. You are correct, it sucks.

Not that it matters, but the kid who threatened to swat did not do so himself. He contacted a known swatter to do his dirty work. Supposedly the video if embedded correctly, has an interview with the actual swatter. I do not have words for the the idiocracy that comes out of his mouth

"Due to the actions of a prankster we have an innocent victim," Livingston said at a Friday night news conference.

No , due to the actions of poorly trained pussies we have an innocent victim.
He didn't have a gun so therefore you didn't see one, which means .
A. your a trigger happy a-hole
or
B. Your afraid of your own f*cking shadow and shouldn't be doing this job.

I don't expect any guy wearing the uniform to be a sacrificial lamb in the name of PC , but killing people who were never a threat to your life because of poor judgment won't cut it either.

It's time to start cleaning house in some of the departments.
I had to go into one of the local small town departments to make a report last year.
I went to the front desk and told the dispatcher I would like to make a report of some kid tossing something out of a passing school bus and breaking my windshield.
As I'm talking to her, out of back comes officer shitbird.
The guy has a raging case of little man syndrome and is kitted up like he was making a drop into the sandbox.
Cargo pants , bloused boots , drop leg holster, the whole nine yards.
The guy gets up in my face taking an aggressive posture and says "Gimmie some ID."
Up until then it was a nice pleasant conversation with the dispatcher, till the little rooster came out.
I asked him if that's the way he would want his father talked to if he came in the station?
I think because the dispatcher was there he toned it down and then said , could I see some ID please?
If that's how he acts when someone's just in the lobby making a report, can you imagine what he's like when no one's watching ?
The kid seems to be looking to get it on with everyone he runs in to.
I'm thinking I'll be seeing his name on the news at some point.

Last edited:
No.

The fatal shooting wasn’t the result of swatting. It was the result of a police officer fatally shooting someone.

Both have responsibility. When you know police are incompetent and abusive enough they might kill someone, yes, you are definitely responsible. But yes, the killer is indeed more culpable.

Just awful. There was really nothing the victim could do. Totally at the mercy of how scared and stressed the policeman felt at that point.
A woman named Lisa Finch told The Wichita Eagle that her son, Andrew, was the victim.

"What gives the cops the right to open fire?" Lisa Finch asked. "That cop murdered my son over a false report in the first place."

Back
Top Bottom