• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Kansas police investigate whether fatal shooting was result of prank called 'swatting'

The worst part will be when it hits the point when it's happened so often people start figuring any interaction with PD is likely to be the end of them.
That's when things will get sporty.
And the sucky part will be it's probably going to be the good guys that get hurt.

Just like after Katrina, If I see the NG or PD coming up my walk after a natural disaster , my first thought is not going to be "Oh good , help is here."

Not that it matters, but the kid who threatened to swat did not do so himself. He contacted a known swatter to do his dirty work. Supposedly the video if embedded correctly, has an interview with the actual swatter. I do not have words for the the idiocracy that comes out of his mouth

Was anyone other than me able to actually watch the whole video? I can't get through 10 seconds of listening to that retard host (or whatever he is) of the show.

I'd pay money to be the breacher on that kid's door, or the first one through the door. Either or, I'd just like to get my hands on him. Despite what many here think, I hate the idea of wasting time and money on a prank. When you mention a SWAT callout, it gets expensive quick if the guys are off duty and it's an outright OT callout.

Aside from the common sense thing that if you don’t have a gun in the scene, don’t start shooting at anyone, this,...
Right, not funny, there should be psa’s warning to cut the shit,
And it’s akin to sending donut confection sugar to the post office,
And will be treated as a terrorist threat to the nitwit who called it in.

Last edited:
If you listen to the 911 call, the "prankster" was doing everything he could to ensure the police were ready to kill the guy on sight.

Arrest made in SWATting incident: "LAPD took Tyler Barriss of Los Angeles into custody in that city on Friday afternoon, on a fugitive warrant stemming from the Thursday evening incident in Kansas ... Barriss was taken into custody in South Los Angeles, and had been living at a transitional recovery center"
tyler-raj-barriss-pictured-on-twitter.png

Tyler Raj Barriss had previously been arrested in 2015 after making two bomb threats.

If you listen to the 911 call, the "prankster" was doing everything he could to ensure the police were ready to kill the guy on sight.

Arrest made in SWATting incident: "LAPD took Tyler Barriss of Los Angeles into custody in that city on Friday afternoon, on a fugitive warrant stemming from the Thursday evening incident in Kansas ... Barriss was taken into custody in South Los Angeles, and had been living at a transitional recovery center"
tyler-raj-barriss-pictured-on-twitter.png

Tyler Raj Barriss had previously been arrested in 2015 after making two bomb threats.
Make him the poster boy ,and max sentence him out.

In my perfect world the caller gets life for 1st degree for deliberate, premeditated conspiracy to commit murder. Officer who pulled trigger gets max sentence (~40 years) for aggravated 2nd degree under color of authority. SWAT team leadership get rung up on negligent manslaughter for negligence in training and leadership leading to the death.

In my perfect world the caller gets life for 1st degree for deliberate, premeditated conspiracy to commit murder. Officer who pulled trigger gets max sentence (~40 years) for aggravated 2nd degree under color of authority. SWAT team leadership get rung up on negligent manslaughter for negligence in training and leadership leading to the death.

And mandatory beer summit.
When the police act stupidly.

Someone died because of a stupid prank and you aren't upset? Just a wee bit? I'm the one with issues?

I have to agree with Bonesium. The dead man was killed by an unprofessional cop who's immune from the consequences of his murderous actions.

Meanwhile, you're volunteering to break down the door of the incredibly stupid person who made the prank call. Why? All that should be required there is a knock on the door from a couple of detectives just like it used to be decades ago before SWAT was cool and the nation lost its collective mind.

Last edited:
New rule for incoming call before deploying s.w.a.t.

Verify location of the call , call the number back, how hard is that?

This is what we all said was going to happen if this swatting did not stop and it happened. Whoever made the call goes to prison for life, no parole.

But, it's the pussy pig cop who pulled the trigger because he's a shitty pussy pig who can't do his job or is otherwise a bloodthirsty maniac who was waiting for his moment to blow brains out in his oath to protect and serve. Allegedly this was a hostage situation, how does the cop know who the hostages are and who aren't? He just blows away the first person that answers the door? Imagine if this really was a hostage situation and the suspect sent a hostage to open the door and the stupid pigs turned the hostage into swiss cheese?

No, this is a bad job by a dumb pig who needs to have his badge and gun taken away and seek out a new career in the... custodial arts.

But, if you ask me, I think it's safest if all cops are rounded up and sent to Gitmo and held without charges because they're a clear and present danger to society. Given their training and propensity to protect other officers, we are looking at the largest domestic terrorist sleeper cell in the country that's killed far more people on our streets than Al Qaeda ever has.

Do you have any useful function in life other than telling us the troof ?

Cant really think of another example where a non-professional is held to a higher standard than people who are trained to do it for a living. Doctors, carpenters, truck drivers, etc, on and on. As a non LEO...
-shoot a guy on his porch from across the street
-shoot a guy in a gas station parking lot when he exits his car with his wallet in his hand
-shoot a drunk guy in a hotel hallway who's crawling on the floor when he tries to pull up his shorts
-shoot a guy in Walmart when you turn into the aisle and see him talking on the phone while holding a bb gun

go to jail every single time.
Don't forget about the the guy in Minnesota reaching for a wallet and the guy in Tulsa, Oklahoma who stopped his truck in the middle of the road.

The precedence is set if you're a cop, you have a license to kill. Whatever happened to the good old days of a beating with a billy club?

Don't forget about the the guy in Minnesota reaching for a wallet and the guy in Tulsa, Oklahoma who stopped his truck in the middle of the road.

The precedence is set if you're a cop, you have a license to kill. Whatever happened to the good old days of a beating with a billy club?
Theres a million of them. Lady in MN who was the one who called the cops, kid who answered the door with a video game controller in his hand... Bottom line for me is if I had reacted the same way in the same situation, would my outcome match the cops outcome. I'd have to say no most of the time.

At least all officers went home safely. I fully expect this officer will be Duncaned, and the worst that will happen is he will not get a medal for bravery.

At least all officers went home safely. I fully expect this officer will be Duncaned, and the worst that will happen is he will not get a medal for bravery.

Don’t be so sure. The 107 year old man who was shot to death in his own bed by police because one thought he smelled drugs, those cops got awards for their actions.

Don’t be so sure. The 107 year old man who was shot to death in his own bed by police because one thought he smelled drugs, those cops got awards for their actions.

Was that the guy with the soda can in his hand that they thought was a gun?

Interview with the shit stain.

Has zero remorse for what he did, and blames others for what happened...

Back
Top Bottom