Keeping MA LTC when moving out of state

My wife and I are moving to another state in a couple weeks. Will I be able to maintain my MA LTC or does it become useless? What about renewals?

Thanks,
Chris

You have to notify both the issuing PD and the state when you move so it will become inactive at that point. You will need to reapply for a non resident permit after that, and I believe you must apply for that in person out near Boston somewhere ( Chelsea, I think).

You have to notify both the issuing PD and the state when you move so it will become inactive at that point. You will need to reapply for a non resident permit after that, and I believe you must apply for that in person out near Boston somewhere ( Chelsea, I think).

The Application does not have to be in person, but they require an interview, so we are both technically correct. The best kind of correct!

There is a thread about non resident applications and renewals, suggest OP reads it for info.

Pretty sure there's some .mil stipulations - but outside of that, The People's Republic of MA has no ****s to give for it's expat subjects.

Back
Top Bottom