Kid with Airsoft rifle causes BEacon Hill meltdown

Being able to imagine a dangerous situation is now considered just as emotionally damaging as actually experiencing violence. Any potential triggers must be dealt with accordingly.

News Shooter; said:
Not sure I totally blame them on this one. Those things look real
When one has never seen a gun before, many things can look like a gun. This reminds me of the NYC cops who shot at the man pointing his ballistic finger at them. PCHEW, PCHEW!

If you think there would be a different result elsewhere, why don't you try it?

The thinks are damned realistic looking. My kid has one and I assume that 100% of the people who see him will think its real - they don't notice the orange tip.

I'm not fond of them, but he is, and when we set a high standard for a report card to get one, the little dude stepped up, so we are in. None of the neighbors has said anything: like everywhere else, probably, they are more concerned about dog poop.

I've walked around Athol with friends of mine with our realistic looking airsoft guns in plain view and nothing has ever come of it. Yeah we would get looks from people passing by in cars and whatnot but nothing more than that.

Had a couple of issues out on the North Shore...kids put Black Magic Marker and painted over the Orange Muzzle and Stock...then went around shooting at Houses....Back in the day my old man would have kicked my ass all the way home and back...got to have a little common sense.

I've walked around Athol with friends of mine with our realistic looking airsoft guns in plain view and nothing has ever come of it. Yeah we would get looks from people passing by in cars and whatnot but nothing more than that.
And my son and his buddies have walked around the neighborhood and played in the local park (with adult supervision) as well. My son even has a Ghillie suit.

....Which is not the same thing as being at the loading dock of the state house. Apparently.

Irritating:

So, if one is transporting a non-large capacity long gun (or airsoft, or, apparently, mops) within the requirements of the MGLs, you're cool with them being pulled over and "investigated"?

What level of "investigating" are we talking about? Traffic stop? State-wide BOLO? Full tactical turnout? If someone sees an NRA sticker on your car, is that sufficient? Or just a long cardboard box with "Remington" on it, on your back seat?

Oh, and assuming that the news got the correct entrance to the Statehouse, the loading dock appears to be one of the enclosed ones, where one person or vehicle could close it off.

I shouldn't have worded it that way, it's not how I meant it. Report of someone with a gun shouldn't warrant a violation of the suspects rights since having a gun is a right and not probable cause a crime is happening. If the report states someone is pointing a gun or otherwise giving reason to lead others to believe a crime is being committed, the police should investigate. If a false report was given, that person should be held in commission of a crime.

I think that's what I meant.

Last edited:
If you think there would be a different result elsewhere, why don't you try it?

The thinks are damned realistic looking. My kid has one and I assume that 100% of the people who see him will think its real - they don't notice the orange tip.

I'm not fond of them, but he is, and when we set a high standard for a report card to get one, the little dude stepped up, so we are in. None of the neighbors has said anything: like everywhere else, probably, they are more concerned about dog poop.

They're used in armed robberies far more frequently than real firearms. Just shave/chip/scrape off the orange tip. The average person has no clue.

Some kids get rid of the arrange tip make their weapons more realistic and to not give away their concealment positions when they're playing out in the woods. Not the best idea ever conceived.

Consider that Boris has actually mounted airsoft Glock frames below working slides and that no one except the very attentive will pick up the dufference.

Reported by Rangers, 11:40 AM. Found by Troopers, 1:30 PM. When seconds count!

Excellent. They jumped right in to confront a child with a toy and secure the state house. Kick the little bstrds a$$ for being a kid.

A report that a person was waving a firearm in a parked minivan near the State House in Boston this morning turned out to be a 12-year-old boy with a new Airsoft rifle, State Police said.

Jeezuz - the kid never took the thing out of the minivan.

Last edited:
Well at least no one got shot. I'm surprised they did'nt riddle the van with bullets and then ask questions.
They actually handled this without causing any major damage or death.

Please...Boston PD should have been there in less than 5 minutes. And that's giving them time to don their tactical gear. You seem to know a lot about this. Did you don your tactical gear as well?

BPD doesn't give a f***. I called in a suspicious package dropped off in front of the building I manage security for and they took a whopping 2 hours to send 1 cruiser. Maybe I was wrong to assume that a suspicious package in front of a major corporation's HQ shortly after the marathon bombing would get a better response.

Good god. Imagine if someone had called them about people with guns at a paintball range.

They would call the National Guard.

Back
Top Bottom