Killer On The Run: Missing NH couple Djeswende and Stephen Reid found dead in woods with multiple gunshot wounds - CCW Next Time

Reptile

NES Member
A New Hampshire couple who was reported missing after going for a walk on a hiking trail earlier this week was found dead with multiple gunshot wounds on that same trail, with their deaths now being ruled homicides, authorities announced Friday.

The bodies of the couple, identified as 66-year-old Djeswende Reid and 67-year-old Stephen Reid, were discovered Thursday on the Broken Ground Trails in Concord, New Hampshire, the city where they live, according to officials.

Continues...

When you are walking alone in the deep woods - you are on your own. Nobody can save you.
Plan accordingly.

R.I.P. to these unfortunate folks.

If the killer had his phone turned off - they may never find him.

Maybe in 30 years - this case will be solved.

N.H. Alien Abduction 2.0?

1650834515376.png1650834586902.png

1650834702094.png

Last edited:
Fortunately, in NH we are allowed to defend ourselves if we so choose. Apparently the Reid's chose not to. RIP.

I’m not sure it’s apparent whether they chose to or not. I can imagine many scenarios where people can be shot to death on a walking trail even if they are carrying a firearm, and probably never get it out of the holster. Especially if the victims did not know the killer. A lot of us think that carrying a firearm means we’re not going to end up in this situation. Sure, it gives you a better chance at putting up a fight. But it’s not a guaranteed thing against someone who picks the time and place to attack and plans to begin the attack when you aren’t looking at them.

I’m not sure it’s apparent whether they chose to or not. I can imagine many scenarios where people can be shot to death on a walking trail even if they are carrying a firearm, and probably never get it out of the holster. Especially if the victims did not know the killer. A lot of us think that carrying a firearm means we’re not going to end up in this situation. Sure, it gives you a better chance at putting up a fight. But it’s not a guaranteed thing against someone who picks the time and place to attack and plans to begin the attack when you aren’t looking at them.
No guarantee you’ll even see your attacker.

Yeah, if my daughter and I walked by a lone hiker on a trail and said hello as we passed, that hiker could turn and shot us both dead in seconds. We’d have to be lucky he missed or I could draw/turn/hit if just wounded.

During COIVID, some hikers would mask up and step six feet off the trail to let us pass - stupid wrt COVID/masks but smart otherwise. Might be a reasonable strategy that takes 10 seconds but puts distance between, and eyes, on passing hikers. Overtaking hikers - same idea.

This was not the deep woods. And you are far safer in the deep woods than any urban area in America.
Not deep woods, but about 2400 acres of forests, fields, and ponds. 393 is its southern border and there's a Walmart Supercenter just across the highway. Perp is more likely an urban shitbird than some backwoods wild man. Curious if this couple may have been targeted by someone one of them knows.

The FB Forgotten NH group has a very long thread about this double-murder. All the usual perspectives represented. “If someone is intent on killing you, they probably will”, “This post has no place in this group”, “I’ve hiked the AT and never carried a gun”, etc. While attempting restraint, it’s the anti-gun group members that are borderline flip-outs in their posts - the rage is just a few keystrokes away. Pro-gun folks just note they hike armed.

One poster expressed discomfort at the thought of armed people on the trails they were hiking - NH is just such a safe place! It’s the pack mentality - the predators will eat their fill and odds are you will survive in the larger pack. If not, there’s nothing to be done about it.

But when out hiking - they’ve left the pack…and didn’t notice they left their safety-in-numbers strategy too.

Anyone who's paid attention to Concord over the past decade can tell you about changes that have occurred and increase in violent crime.....there's apparently a significant amount of violent crime that mostly flies under the radar/is suppressed publicly

Concord imho is no different than Manchester at this point.....

Anyone who's paid attention to Concord over the past decade can tell you about changes that have occurred and increase in violent crime.....there's apparently a significant amount of violent crime that mostly flies under the radar/is suppressed publicly

Concord imho is no different than Manchester at this point.....
There are housing complexes scattered around Concord that are all section 8 housing (with more being built) and there are a couple of those in the Wally World area.. It's bad enough that CPD has talked about setting up precincts in these areas but haven't due to costs. I would drive around on the Concord "heights" area when I lived in NH (mostly Loudon Rd) and there were always gangs of kids hanging around and they weren't the Irish Mafia either. This isn't going to end soon, if at all. There's $100 million coming into NH to built more of these "low income" housing unit tax drains.

Last edited:
Summertime late night, stopping to get gas at the gas station across from the common man, junkies hang out at that intersection. Plus I noticed, up the road at the convenience store near the McDs, they sell drug paraphernalia now. Democrats moving in from Massachusetts.
pretty sad...

Summertime late night, stopping to get gas at the gas station across from the common man, junkies hang out at that intersection. Plus I noticed, up the road at the convenience store near the McDs, they sell drug paraphernalia now. Democrats moving in from Massachusetts.

Thats tweaker central......

[laugh] NH has plenty of its own home-grown problems
Many of these problems NH is dealing with are caused, not by insurgents from states that surround NH (though that is an issue too), but by refugees and illegal aliens being dumped in the NH cities and towns ill prepared to deal with them.

Many of these problems NH is dealing with are caused, not by insurgents from states that surround NH (though that is an issue too), but by refugees and illegal aliens being dumped in the NH cities and towns ill prepared to deal with them.
Like anything else, it's not one thing. Just gets under my skin when people insinuate that NH would be perfect if it wasn't for MA.

Yes and No....

The average campaign of a member of the NH House is around $1k......meaning most anyone can run and get elected if they make an effort and appeal to a sufficient number of constitutuents that vote

The NH Senate on the other hand is more typical of other states wrt cost to run a campaign and as such seems to result in swampier/more politically oriented folks to put it nicely.....

Forgive me for painting with too broad a brush because we have examples current and past of great senators.....but.....

Here's why this is important.

The GOP in the NH House reliably does a good (sonetimes great) job of pushing really good policy/legislation....including repeal of bad crap.

The NH House with over 400 members is the most representative of constituent opinions in no small part because these people are accessible to local constitutents (usually)......the citizen to rep ratio is something like 1/2500 in NH iirc......while in other states its typically 100 times that......we also dont pay these people to be professional politicians so.......it reduces the swamp effect.

The NH Senate has a bad habit of derailing/watering down good policy into your typical squishy attempt to successfully split the proverbial baby.

the NH Governor's office is historically a stepping stone for aspiring swamp dwellers.......

Concord is a good example of people getting exactly what they vote for year after year......
Like I said, I cant speak about NH politics. IMO, NH is changing for the same reasons most other states are. Native young people are being influenced by schools and the media. Yes, some shitty people move from MA to NH, but the average lib would rather stick a fork in their eye than move to Hillbilly Nascar land with trees and snow (their view not mine). NH is changing mostly because NH people are changing.

Like I said, I cant speak about NH politics. IMO, NH is changing for the same reasons most other states are. Native young people are being influenced by schools and the media. Yes, some shitty people move from MA to NH, but the average lib would rather stick a fork in their eye than move to Hillbilly Nascar land with trees and snow (their view not mine). NH is changing mostly because NH people are changing.
There is a lot of truth in what you say, but there is also the unfortunate situation that a fish rots from the head and many of our leaders, who are home grown are failing us.

Back
Top Bottom