• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Kittery Trading Post /.22 lr

je25ff

NES Member
I grabbed 10+ boxes of .22lr (50 each) for 4.99 bucks each today. Federal Premium: Target Gold Medal (40gr). There was some well stocked .22 plinker ammo, too for less than that.

I went to the counter and I expressed my astonishment, not as much for the price but for the fact that they must have had 10k rounds stocked, at least, and the girl said, 'you must be from New York' I actually said, 'thank God I'm not..I live in MA.' [rofl]

Last edited:
10k rounds is shameful for a store that size.
Way back when Kittery was kittery walking out of there with less than a case of 22 was a waisted trip.
And a case of shotgun ammo or 2. Also the inexpensive x39 was always pretty deep stacked.

10k rounds is shameful for a store that size.
Way back when Kittery was kittery walking out of there with less than a case of 22 was a waisted trip.
And a case of shotgun ammo or 2. Also the inexpensive x39 was always pretty deep stacked.

I'm just saying 10k off the top of my head. They had a shoulder high rack that was maybe 10 feet long and 2 feet deep and it was pretty well stocked. More so that any place I've been lately including Cabela's and local gun shops.

It's sad when 10 cents a round seems like a good deal for .22lr. I always stop at KTP when in the area but in the last 3 years never seem to buy any ammo there.

I usually stop at KTP when I am in the area. I always seem to be disappointed and long for the days back in the mid 80s when I would make special trips from MA up to KTP to get reloading supplies and ammo.

I bought a few bricks of Federal Target 22 from them last summer but I remember it was no deal. At that point in time I didn't have a lot of 22 and was stocking up. I always stop by the Cabelas in Scaraborough also and they never have 22 so I always give KTP credit for at least having some in stock even if it was on the expensive side.

They did have 2 Mosins that were in the $200 range.....did not buy, although I called a week ago and the guy in guns said they just got 8 in. Maybe they were all snapped up. I've been looking for another Mosin to cannibalize.

- - - Updated - - -

It's sad when 10 cents a round seems like a good deal for .22lr. I always stop at KTP when in the area but in the last 3 years never seem to buy any ammo there.

Yeah, ought to be around 6 cents a round, but what can you do...

They did have 2 Mosins that were in the $200 range.....did not buy, although I called a week ago and the guy in guns said they just got 8 in. Maybe they were all snapped up. I've been looking for another Mosin to cannibalize.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, ought to be around 6 cents a round, but what can you do...
it was 6 cents a round last week when I was up there. 235 round packs of auto match were $20. I picked up 5 boxes. Yeah some of the cci was at 10 cents but plinking ammo can be had for 6 cents. And yes....ktp was stacked deep in 2lr last week!

I grabbed 10+ boxes of .22lr (50 each) for 4.99 bucks each today. Federal Premium: Target Gold Medal (40gr). There was some well stocked .22 plinker ammo, too for less than that.

I went to the counter and I expressed my astonishment, not as much for the price but for the fact that they must have had 10k rounds stocked, at least, and the girl said, 'you must be from New York' I actually said, 'thank God I'm not..I live in MA.' [rofl]

If you are that easily impressed you should take a trip to D&L in Warwick. They have cases and cases stocked.

10,000 rounds is less than two cases by the way.

Back
Top Bottom