Knife locks are coming!!!!!

groundscrapers

NES Member
2 stabbing deaths this weekend in springfield to bring the murder total to 3. If my memory serves me correctly the first one wasn't a shooting either but I can't remember. I wanna hear what they say if by the end of the year most of the murders were stabbings and not shootings.

maybe we just need some sort of "all things pointy control". We need to make Mass into the all NERF all the time state!
we just seem to get closer and closer to living the "Demolition Man" world here.

http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2010/03/cathedral_high_school_student.html

So tragic. Prayers sent for this family

masslive.com
Cathedral High School student killed, another wounded, in attack at Springfield party
By Elizabeth Roman, The Republican
March 14, 2010, 12:40PM

SPRINGFIELD- A Cathedral High School student and star soccer player was stabbed to death Saturday night and another student wounded when an altercation broke out at a birthday party at a St. James Avenue restaurant, police said Sunday.

Conor Reynolds, 17, was stabbed in the neck at Blue Fusion Bar and Grill, 487 St. James Ave., said Capt. Charles Arpin.

Reynolds was transported to Baystate Medical Center around 11 p.m. and was later pronounced dead.

Another teen was also stabbed in the forearm. He is expected to be OK, Arpin said.

Sgt. John Delaney, aide to Police Commissioner William J. Fitchet, said the establishment was rented out for a party for a Cathedral High School student. More than 250 people were crowded into the restaurant.

While the restaurant does not have a liquor license and did not serve alcohol at the event, Delaney said some kids had been drinking and were drunk prior to their admission into the club. There was no security and the owner did not hire any police officers, he said.

Fitchet called the murder “another senseless act of violence on another Springfield youth, committed by a coward who stabbed an unarmed victim with little or no provocation.”

Reynolds, who was a soccer player for Cathedral, had been named last season to The Republican All-Scholastic team. In 2006 he was on the Baystate Games championship team, the Western Mass. Warriors.

Sources told The Republican that the second boy stabbed at the party was a member of the Cathedral hockey team. He has not been identified by police, but they did confirm he is a student at Cathedral High School.

Springfield Bishop Timothy A. McDonnell said he was deeply saddened to learn of Reynolds death.

McDonnell said he extends his sincere condolences and prayers to Conor’s beloved family and friends, as well as to the faculty, staff and student body at Cathedral High School.

Cathedral High School principal John Miller convened staff members earlier Sunday to prepare to assist their students when they return to classes tomorrow, said diocesan spokesman Mark Dupont.

Grief counselors as well as other opportunities will be available to those students struggling with this tragedy, he said.

Miller said he urges all Cathedral students to come to school Monday and avail themselves of these services as well as be together as a community during this difficult time.

Arpin said the suspect, who stabbed both victims, fled the scene. Police are looking for a black male between the ages of 16-20 and about 5 feet 7 inches tall.

This is the city’s second murder of 2010.

© 2010 masslive.com. All rights reserved.

1_61_061609_Knives.jpg

Yes, but hi-cap sharpening stones are a no-no.....

4 types of licenses will be created as well,
- one allows you to buy knives with fixed blades of 5 inches of less. Not allowed to carry.
- buy knives with removable blades but none greater than 5 inches. Not allowed to carry.
- removable bladed but less than 10 inches. Carry without blade in a locked container.
- any knife but need to be carried in person. Restrictions might apply, e.g. you can cut potatoes but not onions etc. Letter from a renowned chef will be necessary for all fruits and vegetables.

Worcester proposed banning carrying all knives with blades over a certain length...1 3/4" I believe it was.

I'm curious...Is an LTC (or Concealed Carry Permit) required to conceal a knife in any state?

2 stabbing deaths this weekend in springfield to bring the murder total to 3. If my memory serves me correctly the first one wasn't a shooting either but I can't remember. I wanna hear what they say if by the end of the year most of the murders were stabbings and not shootings.

I think better parenting and tighter security where large groups of people congregate is more the answer than punishing those who do not commit crimes based on the actions of criminals and irresponsible idiots. If the parents who let their kids run around and do whatever they want and have no discipline at all actually got off their asses and raised their children with ethics morals and a sense of responsibility we wouldn't have a generation of teens and young adults who have no respect for law or person. I feel the problem runs far deeper than just being able to buy a knife with a sharp point. Shanks are made in prison, I'm sure they will be made on the street if knives become unavailable. It will be another form of disarming the honest and arming the criminals. The world we live in is a sad place.

Back
Top Bottom