• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Korean 30-06

Anyone have any issues with surplus Korean 30-06 ammo from Riley's ? I know its corrosive, is it safe to shoot? I have read both good and bad reviews.

I have had zero issues with the Korean 06. What I can tell you is I wont pay asxmuch for it as the Greek ammo from cmp.
I didn't save the targets but the Korean ammo didn't do as well as the hxp.
If I can get it cheap I will buy it.....really cheap. It cost less to reload better ammo for the garannd

I shoot it through my 03A3 instead of my Garand simply because its easier to clean corrosive deposits from a bolt gun than a semi auto.

I find it to be more accurate than HXP, at least through the 03A3

What is the current price on the korean ammo at a local gun shop.
I paid .47 per round shipped a few years ago. All PS and KA mixed head stamps.
Last time I looked the price jumped to about 67 per round shipped main reason I choose hxp @ 55 per round shipped.
Has anyone been able to do a side by side test of the PPU M1 garand M2 new manufactured stuff?
I have seen it at cabelas on sale for 70 cents per round. Yet to try any though>

What is the current price on the korean ammo at a local gun shop.
I paid .47 per round shipped a few years ago. All PS and KA mixed head stamps.
Last time I looked the price jumped to about 67 per round shipped main reason I choose hxp @ 55 per round shipped.
Has anyone been able to do a side by side test of the PPU M1 garand M2 new manufactured stuff?
I have seen it at cabelas on sale for 70 cents per round. Yet to try any though>

$149/ 271rds KA Korean ammo

Is this ammo reloadable?

I have some for sale, good price too.

Shameless plug: http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/225187-Ammo-Korean-30-06-in-ammo-can-in-NH

I've offered it to my brother but he isn't going to want it unless the brass is reloadable. Also the brass is quite dirty. This shouldn't affect function. One should be able to tumble the brass before firing it without doing anything bad right?

KA is corrosive boxer primed and is reloadable. Some guys love this brass. I shot about 600 rounds of KA and SA in my garands last year. Shot fine although the hxp seems to do better and overall the brass is in better shape. I stopped buying the Korean stuff when it became more than hxp.

Back
Top Bottom