Korean M1 Carbine Ammo in Bandoliers

I’ve heard bad things about the Korean ammo...

t[grenade]

OK. Who is saying that?

I got interested in it in the first place because the CMP says:

(SNIP)...(1) The first real problem with Carbine accuracy is the so-so level of ammunition development. The various 1940's, 1950's, 1960's, and early LC70-72 era USGI ammos were made to go bang and cycle. None of them used accurate bullets. The Korean PSD 80 series of ammo is far more accurate and yet will have flyers...

Excerpted from: Carbine Shooting With Accuracy: The 2007 Article Intact

LINK:

ETA: Here is the last page (of a 5 page thread) at the CMP Forum:

People seem to think that it is good ammo.

Last edited:
The Korean 30 carbine seems to be coming in alot of places? I wonder if this is from Korea or Maybe the M1 Carbines that came From Africa ? I think most of what your seeing for Korean surplus 30 carbine is PMC manufactured in the 80s. The clips and bandoleers are a added bonus.
Korean 30 carbine

Korean cal 30 M2 Ball on the other hand has some issues. There is a list of bad lot numbers for 30-06 Korean ammo.

I no longer have a free state hook up. Wish I was in a better place financially I would have ordered this

I believe the Korean carbine ammo is OK. It’s the Korean Garand ammo you gotta stay away from. In my opinion, unless it is really a screaming deal, just buy new current production stuff..

My Wife and I shot probably 1-2K of the Korean M1 carbine ammo, never an issue . . . but we were shooting at cars and pumpkins (Monadnock).

I remember buying it at Collectors in Stoneham back many years ago until their supply dried up. I don't think it was more than $9.00/bandoleer back then.

I've never heard of an issue with Korean carbine ammo, just some lots of Korean M2 Ball.

There is a Chinese made 30 carbine that you do have to stay way away from, its got an LC 52 headstamp but comes in boxes labeled as 7.62 instead of 30 carbine. There's some other characteristics that help differentiate it from real LC 30 carbine ammo too.

Alas, that 'certain site' doesn't ship to a non-free state.

t [sad]
are you sure?
PM me let me know what place. I do buiness with a no ship place but they are only shipping to those who have done business with them in the past.

Alas, that 'certain site' doesn't ship to a non-free state.

t [sad]
I know of a vendor that has 7 boxes of Aguila 30 carbine left for $20 per box plus shipping (ship to MA). Don't know if that's a decent price as I've been reloading 30 carbine. Looks like the shipping cost for the 7 boxes is $16. PM me if interested.

Back
Top Bottom