• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

KSG owners, a question?

1903Collector

NES Member
So I finally got to take my KSG out to the range this weekend and was pleasantly surprised, the recoil impulse is much more comfortable that other shotguns I have fired. One issue I was having was a failure to extract the fired shell, this happened about ten times..kind of annoying but it did seem to improve a little bit as I shot it more, anyone else experience this? I also noticed you really need to rack this baby with some authority to cycle it, does that ease up as it breaks in?

Thanks,

Walt

Yea I was using High brass slugs and buckshot, I'm gonna go to my default troubleshooting procedure, strip, clean, and lube the shit out of it, I was just wondering if this was a common thing with the KSG. Outside if this annoying issue I really like this gun!
All new guns should be field stripped, cleaned and lube with a high quality lube prior to shooting. I just assumed that was done. My bad.

Had to send mine back 3 times they finally replaced the receiver and problem was fixed.Not to bad turn around time. Fired over 200 rds without and issue after.

My feed tubes where welded off center.

Attachments

• 8FA03964-B821-43FC-80CF-FEA441CD4816.png
    8FA03964-B821-43FC-80CF-FEA441CD4816.png
    529.8 KB · Views: 7
Had to send mine back 3 times they finally replaced the receiver and problem was fixed.Not to bad turn around time. Fired over 200 rds without and issue after.

My feed tubes where welded off center.
What type of malfunction were you having?
That seems like a big oops to get by QC but then again I had a brand new Walther PPK/S that had half the barrel un-rifled. Which tube is in the correct position?

Last edited:
Would extract the spent shell from the barrel but would fail to eject it from receiver. I would have to dig out the shell getting it passed the 2 metal bars which is a pain.

If you empty the feed tubes and chambers, you can practice pumping it and observe how it requires just a bit of extra oomf to get the last 1/4 inch. That’s the key to smooth cycling.

Back
Top Bottom