• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

LA County: Only 197 Concealed Carry Permits for 10.2 Million Residents

I'd carry anyway....Fock their unconstitutional law.

Kalifonia needs to be purged from the top down.

According to intel from our own Rob Boudrie, plus some other people I've encountered WRT NYC, its a hell of a lot more than 10 grand for the "fee for people who are not connected and famous".

-Mike
How those f*cking criminals have got away with it this long boggles the mind.

Seriously, if the national CCW law passes, Cali. moonbat politicians and COP's will be going batshcitt crazy.
Yup, and after a year or so they will notice that nothing really changes, except the residents who are treated as second class citizens compared to visitors from shall issue states will become restless.

Yup, and after a year or so they will notice that nothing really changes, except the residents who are treated as second class citizens compared to visitors from shall issue states will become restless.

Those second class citizens will only need to get a non-res from NH.

This is the best part of the reciprocity bill, at least as currently written, a license issued by "a state" has to be honored in any state, including your home state if it was issued by another state. And there is a lot of recorded committee and House statements that this is in fact what it does (not to mention an interview from the original author). Ya I know, this probably will never make it past the Senate, and will be challenged by CA and MA (and others). But for now I'm going to enjoy the thought of all those moonbat heads exploding.

I'm amazed there are only 197 very special people there. Many more think they are very special.
I am amazed that this blatant disregard for "RIGHTS" hasn't been crushed by the courts.[puke]

Last edited:
I always wondered about the movies they film in Hollywood and how they give guns to actors, who in some cases have criminal records in the real world. How liable are the movie gun rental agencies?

I always wondered about the movies they film in Hollywood and how they give guns to actors, who in some cases have criminal records in the real world. How liable are the movie gun rental agencies?
Not an issue in MA if the guns given to the criminal record actor are non-operational and thus not guns under state law. Federal prosecution would be a different matter.

They don’t give them real guns. They have a list of Federally Prohibited actors and the armorers on set will generally take care of the prop assignments.

Mark Wahlberg comes to mind as an A list actor who cannot shoot films with real firearms.

Not an issue in MA if the guns given to the criminal record actor are non-operational and thus not guns under state law. Federal prosecution would be a different matter.

Wouldn't the blanks they use get them in trouble? I always thought ammo/components were treated the same way as a firearm in ma.

If you watch the average Hollywood movie - you'd think that every 3rd person is likely carrying a pistol in L.A.

New Years Eve is coming up - so I'm glad this article got posted. Because NYE is typically when I run across moonbat acquaintances and 3 years out of five - I typically get accosted by one of them with yet another argument against guns.

This year I get to bring up the fact that L.A. only has 197 permitted concealed carry licenses - so please stop trying to convince me based on the mainstream media and Hollywood movies that we are "awash in guns".
I'm a former Mass resident in that I was in school there undergrad and grad. I'm in DC now.

We are "awash" in criminals. the bad guys don't give a flying fig about gun laws

Let me give you the numbers for Washington DC
REsidents: 671,000
Legal registered non leo firearms: about 7,000
Legal registered gun owners: about 3,400
Carry permits until may issue finally strict down Oct 5, 2017: 145
Carry permit applications/re-applications since the (most likely to be issued): >1200
Peer reviewed estimates of proportion of DC residents who own guns: 25.9%
legal non leo and retired leo gun owners: 0.5%
legal MPD leo gun owners resident in DC: 0.20%
Federal law enforcement able to posses in DC and resident of DC: 0.15%
Maximum possible resident legal gun ownership: 0.9%
illegal gun ownership: 25%

Literally 1/4 of DC residents, likely 40% to 45% of all males, in DC are in illegal possession of a firearm

Wouldn't the blanks they use get them in trouble? I always thought ammo/components were treated the same way as a firearm in ma.

Interesting point. Mass and DC are the only jurisdictions that consider any constituent part from which ammo can be made, to be ammo, and illegal for prohibited persons to possess. center-fire brass is ammunition. Expended shotgun shells are "ammunition." In DC, prohibited is not just felons, it is anyone and everyone who is not LEO and who does not have an active gun registration in their name.

I believe Mass has only prosecuted this as secondary to another crime (still nonsense, but I think the guy was a violent felon), but DC has prosecuted it as the primary crime ie no other crime committed (completely abusive nonsense).

A fine gentleman once used some blanks from a target pistol to create a dozen rounds of .32 Rimfire Extra Short for me.

I fired some of them in an 1880's Chicago Palm Pistol, probably the first time in a century the gun had been fired. That was one of my most memorable life experiences.

So, blanks technically could become components. Although if you were struck in the chest with a .32 RF ES you would probably scratch where it tickled.

38-chicago-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom