• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Lakeville Bank Robbery

MachineHead

NES Member
Suspect holds woman at gunpoint during Lakeville bank robbery

http://www.myfoxboston.com/news/lak...uspect-in-armed-robbery-and-assault/289463004

LAKEVILLE, Mass. -
Lakeville Police are offering a reward for information leading to the arrest of a suspect in an armed robbery and assault.

Officers responded to the Bridgewater Savings Bank on Main Street just past 11:35 a.m. Monday. Police say the suspect held an employee at gunpoint and demanded cash.

Police say the the man made no attempt to cover his face and walked in very comfortably.

"That's what's concerning, the demeanor of the suspect. Seemed very cool, calm and collected which can be even scarier,” Lakeville Police Chief Frank Alvilhiera said.

Police believe when the man left the bank he ran toward I-495 and possibly got in a car.

Anyone with information is urged to contact police at (508) 947-4422. You can report an anonymous tip at (508) 946-8815.

The bank sent FOX25 a statement Tuesday afternoon:

The robbery in our Lakeville Branch Office was very traumatic for the staff and our customers who were there at the time of the event. The Lakeville staff performed extraordinary well during a terrible situation. This was an armed robbery where a weapon was shown and employees were threatened with harm. As you can imagine, this was upsetting to the customers and staff. We are cooperating with local, state and federal law enforcement and the investigation is ongoing.

Brazen little bastard. Glad nobody was hurt.

My mother worked for over 20 years as a teller and is now retired. The banks she worked at were robbed 3 different times. Sunglasses, hoodies, and hats, make tellers very nervous. I see people all the time going into banks wearing them. Be nice and take them off

My mother worked for over 20 years as a teller and is now retired. The banks she worked at were robbed 3 different times. Sunglasses, hoodies, and hats, make tellers very nervous. I see people all the time going into banks wearing them. Be nice and take them off

What happened to the the thick plexiglass?

My wife won't wait on you dressed like that.

- - - Updated - - -

Somebody's gonna have a boatload of heroin tonight!!

Maybe they get a good boot of it and that's the last time they rob anyone.

Your firearm makes me nervous, be nice, take it off and leave it at home

I literally always wear shades if the sun is up and constantly forget to take them off when I go to banks lol. Once I do tho it's a noticeable sigh of relief on the teller

Banks probably too cheap to install it, given that 99 out of 100 robberies don't even involve weapons. Most of these thieves do stupid things that get them caught pretty quickly, then the feds put them in the clink for a good amount of time.

I can't remember the last bank I've been to that has the plexiglas. The robber just demands cash and threatens to shoot the customers instead of the bank teller.

Makes me glad I use the drive up most of the time there. Next time I go inside, I should be carrying or at least have pepper spray to have some kind of defense. This bank is my branch I use all the time, glad I was not in there. They have thick plexi.

Banks probably too cheap to install it, given that 99 out of 100 robberies don't even involve weapons. Most of these thieves do stupid things that get them caught pretty quickly, then the feds put them in the clink for a good amount of time.

Not always true. I raised this question with the president of my CU and their reasoning is that they are customer friendly (they are) and don't believe that making it look like a prison accomplishes that.

And BTW, my CU KNOWS their customers. I always walk in there with a hat on and my glasses auto-tint with sunlight (so they are so dark when I enter that I have difficulty seeing) and all I get is a wave from the manager and a smile from the tellers. Yes, they have the sign about removing hats/hoodies/sunglasses . . . it's not a big deal for their regular customers.

Back
Top Bottom