• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Lakeville Bank Robbery

My wife won't wait on you dressed like that.

I only go to banks looking like this:
hqdefault.jpg

They have a T station, enough said.

And subsidized housing right at the end of line also. What can go wrong? When they rerouted RT79 i had to sit at the new light at 79/105 facing train station to get to 495. What a shit show. Hot and cold running gangsta's and single mom's pushing three abreast strollers...Moved to Lakeville last year.

And subsidized housing right at the end of line also. What can go wrong? When they rerouted RT79 i had to sit at the new light at 79/105 facing train station to get to 495. What a shit show. Hot and cold running gangsta's and single mom's pushing three abreast strollers...Moved to Lakeville last year.

There was an article recently about how HUD was reducing the subsidies of unit housing in the cities and increasing it in the suburbs to force integrate the burbs. Also brought up the "unexpected" rise in violent crime. Google it. Hud should go where the EPA should go, down the shitter.

There was a string of robberies in Worcester last year. None involved a weapon that was seen, just threats of a gun or bomb. One dumb ass actually robbed the LCu while there was a cop there doing a detail. She never made it out of the bank. All the bank tellers are trained to just give up the money. The robbers know this and they also know the PD wont be there for at least 3-4 minutes. There is usually a GPS pack that goes along with it.
My daughters branch was robbed 2 times, once she was there and once she wasn't.

I was implying the no hat/sunglasses signs have the same effectiveness as gun free zone signs and really only inconvenience those willing to abide

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Not to derail this story but if I was in the bank and shot the robber I would likely be prosecuted correct? I ask because my wife's co-workers were at their child's ballgame in haverhill when someone got shot and she asked me if I would step in and intervene if I was there or if it happened somewhere else where I was present. Assuming I'm not law enforcement when does it become ok to interact even if someone isnt shooting at me?

Not to derail this story but if I was in the bank and shot the robber I would likely be prosecuted correct? I ask because my wife's co-workers were at their child's ballgame in haverhill when someone got shot and she asked me if I would step in and intervene if I was there or if it happened somewhere else where I was present. Assuming I'm not law enforcement when does it become ok to interact even if someone isnt shooting at me?

In MA if YOU (or your Family) are not in a life-threatening situation, you will likely be persecuted if you intervene. I'd give you even odds of conviction too.

In MA if YOU (or your Family) are not in a life-threatening situation, you will likely be persecuted if you intervene. I'd give you even odds of conviction too.

I wouldn't go that far, but I bet it would be a pretty expensive situation. Then again if I witnessed something like that I'd try to get out of the building and buy a powerball ticket, because a bank robbery where a gun actually comes out has powerball level odds, thats whats weird about this one. Most of them just involve a note getting sent over the counter with a bluff.

-Mike

Mike,

I did say "persecuted' and not prosecuted. [wink]

They would try to find something to hang him with and after months and months of being in limbo, offer him a CWOF on some bogus BS to let him get on with his life.

They aren't too fond of us getting involved in saving ourselves, never mind saving others.

Trying to take out a perp with a gun to a hostage's head is a fools errand. There are a dozen ways this could go sideways. Best you could do is stand down but be ready if he drops the hostage and comes for you. But by then he has what he wanted and just wants to get away clean.

Back
Top Bottom