LAPD declares 'ghost guns' an 'epidemic,' citing 400% increase in seizures

My fav CSI tech foible was some episode of Miami. ...

They are looking for some drug boat in off the coast. ... Looking at a GPS chart of the area. "There are too many boats. How do we know which one is the right one." Caruso says, "Which one is broadcasting? That's our boat."

Ummmmm. . . . . . you're seeing their GPS signatures (which isn't really a thing). THEY'RE ALL BROADCASTING YOU TOOL!!! LOL

Note well: click on the link.

I like how the article describes ghost guns as usually polymer created with 3D printers and then shows 3 ARs made with aluminum receivers as ghost gun examples.

Breaking news: Felons continue to break the law even after breaking the law was made illegal!

If some guy can sit still long enough to order an 80% with a valid electronic payment, have a stable address to receive the shipment, have skills and patience enough to procure the tools and parts to mill and assemble the damn thing, he’s probably got enough sense to keep his nose clean and live a productive life.
Most likely, this individual sells those guns off to gangbangers.

What's troubling is that the gun used in the ambush shooting of two police officers sitting in a police car earlier in the year was apparently the homemade kind. The suspect has a long history of armed robberies, illegal gun possession, drug dealing, hijacking, etc. Someone with this kind of "history" doesn't care if the gun he bought off the street was homemade. All he cares about is that it shoots but hey, it's the gun's fault that this guy was able to buy a gun illegally.

I suppose it's easier to go after law-abiding businesses than go after illegal gun smugglers...

wake me when it gets to a 4000% increase...
Going back to my example of the terrible ambush of two police officers. The suspect was charged with at least 6 additional crimes during his crime spree in the 24 hours leading up and 24 hours after attacking police officers, all involving the same gun(potentially). Guess what! That's 10-20 violent crimes that this guy will be charged with! How quickly can one get to "linked to 100 crimes"? Even getting into a screaming match with your as$hole neighbor for parking his crappy Prius on your lawn is considered a violent crime if you "could/might/maybe" have had a gun on you.

I am disgusted that when those officers were shot, the crowds outside the hospital cheered for their death! And what does DA do!? Does he charge people with hate crimes, disorderly conduct!? No! He sues some small no-name resellers. What a piece of garbage!

Meanwhile, two days prior, Mr. Biden lied about how much Democrats love the police. How do these police officers not quit and go to cities where they are appreciated, is beyond me...

Most likely, this individual sells those guns off to gangbangers.

What's troubling is that the gun used in the ambush shooting of two police officers sitting in a police car earlier in the year was apparently the homemade kind. The suspect has a long history of armed robberies, illegal gun possession, drug dealing, hijacking, etc. Someone with this kind of "history" doesn't care if the gun he bought off the street was homemade. All he cares about is that it shoots but hey, it's the gun's fault that this guy was able to buy a gun illegally.

I suppose it's easier to go after law-abiding businesses than go after illegal gun smugglers...

But here's the thing. Assuming you worked hard at getting good prices, you paid $500-600 for that P80 pistol. Then had to spend the better part of 45 min putting it together. You're not selling it on hte street for $250. Who is buying a $800-1,000 gun??? Are illegal guns that scarce now??? It just doesn't look like it will ever be a significant problem.

If some guy can sit still long enough to order an 80% with a valid electronic payment, have a stable address to receive the shipment, have skills and patience enough to procure the tools and parts to mill and assemble the damn thing, he’s probably got enough sense to keep his nose clean and live a productive life.
I can see you have never built a P80.

I am yet to meet a person who has built a working P80 who wasn't a really smart guy. those guns are a crapshoot. Just look at the threads in /r/polymer80 on Reddit: the majority of folks have all kinds of problems!
I am not sure why people have so many problems with a P80, it is not rocket science.

I am not sure why people have so many problems with a P80, it is not rocket science.

Due to "good enough" plastic removal. "It seems to cycle. Let's just try it." EEK!

I've fiddled with 2 of them. Not Glock reliable but acceptable. I think the remainder of hiccups are just part of the design.

So what LA is finding out is with some of the strictest gun control on firearms in the country, gun control isn't working.

Going after the criminal takes too much effort, easier to blame the firearm. Old formula that gets repeated over and over.

It isn't cool anymore to lock-up criminals that are committing multiple crimes over and over again. /s

Back
Top Bottom