• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

LAPD releases body camera footage of fatal shooting of man holding plastic fork

Maybe just a plastic fork, but what was concealed under his banging hat?

Who shot? Ossifer Chiquita Banana???? (Shotgun?)

Bald cop saved his buddies from the crossfire by grabbing the guy
Is the green shotgun a real firearm?

Ok, I watched it a couple of times. Yeah, it turned out to be a plastic knife, but if all you see is something sticking out from a concealed grip and the guy turned and charged the officers.

I can't say for sure I wouldn't have dropped the hammer in this exact situation. A taser would have done wonders, not the place for OC.

I believe that LAPD carries two shotguns per vehicle, one normal, and a bright green stocked one firing Less-Than-Lethal rounds.
That is such a damn terrible idea, and probably why we did away with them as an agency.

1. You could mean to grab the 'blue' shotgun, but in the heat of the moment with tunnel vision, legitimately not discern the colors correctly, or your hand misses the blue one and grabs the real shotty. Actually, this goes both ways, grab blue when you want the real one.
2. The LTL gun can still accept real rounds and you end up with the Alex Baldwin situation.

First thing I noticed was the officers bunching up in the hallway. All seemed ready to be the first to shoot. Guns drawn when the complaint was for a guy with a stick and possibly drunk or on drugs. No one hanging back to watch their sixes, no one taking positions and no one seemed in charge.
The guy with the lime-green strap - probably to indicate to his buddies that he had the less-than-lethal device. Maybe he should have been in front.
No "Hi. How're you doing. Is there a problem here? We got a call."

Back
Top Bottom