LAPD relenting on mags.

They must of read the response to the request to vacate by FPC. It utterly destroys the state of CA.

Basically, the district court applied the Heller test correctly, therefore, no nead to send the case back. Bruen didn't create a new test, it just reaffirmed what was already made clear in Heller regarding text and history. It's a devestating piece legal writing.

beavis-and-butt-head.jpg

Hehe hehe. They said Penal. Hehe hehe.

They must of read the response to the request to vacate by FPC. It utterly destroys the state of CA.

Basically, the district court applied the Heller test correctly, therefore, no nead to send the case back. Bruen didn't create a new test, it just reaffirmed what was already made clear in Heller regarding text and history. It's a devestating piece legal writing.

Reading the Response to the Request to Vacate, I can’t help but laugh at the complete micromanagement of the Ninth Circuit and the Federal Appeals Court over the appeals process:

I am counsel of record for Plaintiffs-Appellees in the above action. I hereby certify that the foregoing APPELLEES’ OPPOSITION TO APPELLANTS’ MOTION TO VACATE AND REMAND FOR FURTHER PROCEEDINGS complies with the type-volume limitation of Ninth Circuit Rule 27-1 and Fed. Rule App. P. 32(a)(7), because it is nine pages and contains 4,672 words, excluding the items exempted by Fed. Rule App. P. 32(f). This motion complies with the typeface and type style requirements of Fed. R. App. Pro. 32(a)(6) because it has been prepared in Times New Roman, a proportionally spaced typeface using 14-point font.
I guess they’re trying to avoid the legal equivalent of someone paying a $10,000 debit with pennies, but it's kind of sad that they couldn’t just leave it to the responders to keep it professional and just reject it if they do something really stupid.

How in the world would they be able to prove anything that way, short of subpoena'ing the store and/or credit card records to cross reference legitimacy of proof of purchase?
How many people have the ability to fund a defense? The process itself is the punishment.

How did enforcement even work in CA when they had freedom week?
They were arresting people who would buy magazines in Nevada and drive back to California after freedom week. Either through stake outs of stores in NV or through people being ratted out by angry exes or anti-2A family. Then they’d grab receipts, store video, and credit card info. Though, it was more of a CA statie thing and not so much LAPD.

Back
Top Bottom