Large Capacity Magazine Sale Legality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading it again won't give you a clear defined answer Keven. I
already know how the law reads, what I don't know is how it's interpreted by those who enforce it.
So far nothing has been offered that actually defines that, at least nothing backed up with documentation that would cover my ass.

There does seem to be a standard or lack of a standard which backs up all of the 'he said' 'she said' and 'I know because' kind of thing, but nothing that explains exactly how the law is specifically interpreted or enforced by law enforcement.
That is what I was looking for but will obviously not get. I don't think that is because of the people on this forum, but because of those writing, interpreting, and enforcing MA laws.
Keeping them vague keeps their power pretty fluid and options open to the whims of their interpretation, which would seem obvious based on the run around I got on the phone with them.

One thing that I find funny is that the consensus seems to be that MA law doesn't apply to me as I'm not a resident myself and there would be no repercussions if in fact I were to violate MA law by importing something restricted by the state, into the state.
Especially if I were to use the USPS as a means to do it, that right there would make it a federal issue I'd guess.
I remember getting a letter from local law enforcement here in Missouri back around 1982 over an issue that arose in Florida. They were threatening to arrest me on behalf of the state of Florida and ship me down there if in fact I did not address that issue before a certain date.
Don't believe for a second that Massachusetts law can't touch me in Missouri if they choose to, that line on the map doesn't mean a damn thing.

Bottom line is that it comes down to what responsibility I am comfortable with assuming regardless of what some guy on some forum says about what is right or wrong.
When I was a kid and my father would say to me, "because I said so", I accepted it.
After all in my world he was more or less like God.
I've not accepted something simply because someone said so from any other individual in my life.
Maybe that's because I'm from what they call the show me state, or maybe it's because my mother didn't raise a fool.

Let's face it, $10 a magazine is a pretty fair price here in MO, and probably a real money making opportunity there in MA, but I wouldn't be the one making the money.

Chapter 140 section 131M of Mass General Laws is about as clear as a law gets. You won't get any other definitive reassurance of its legality. The law says what it says. It is unambiguously legal for you to sell the mags.

What store?
I'm a firearms enthusiast in MO.
I don't hold an FFL.
I don't have a store.
I don't run a business.
I think that out of about 100 transactions I've completed online, this is the second or maybe third where I was the seller and not the buyer.
Until the winning bidder pointed out that he could identify them as pre-ban magazines I couldn't tell you what the hell they were other than made to work in a Ruger Mini 14 and that they held 30 rounds.
Of the couple of times I've been the seller, this is the only one where an individual in MA bid on and won the auction.
First look would indicate to anyone that MA has a restriction of 10 rounds on magazines, hence my looking further.
My whole point of looking further was to not be doing the winning bidder any injustice while not putting my own titty in a ringer.

Like I said you guys crack me up. [laugh]

I've never once said this before on NES or any other forum... but time to lock this thread PLEASE? [thinking]

My little remaining sanity can't take it anymore. [puke]

I've never once said this before on NES or any other forum... but time to lock this thread PLEASE? [thinking]

This thread is educational. I now know what it means when people say a place is like the Missouri of a particular region or country.

[video=youtube_share;x9hgnmpxztU]http://youtu.be/x9hgnmpxztU[/video]

special thanks to:

CarnikCon.
and
ColdDayInhell.

for the edit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom