• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Larry Keane - Police revoking licenses for pre 7/20 purchases

Status
Not open for further replies.
That seems infinitely more likely than this being something the AG started.

Though....interesting.....it could be used as an opportunity to humiliate her, discredit the move, and get rid of the alleged, "ban"....a few police chiefs take it too far and the whole program collapses.

Assuming this is even remotely true, I doubt this came down from her office.

Doing something like this with a few weeks to ago before the elections, would be idiotic.

While it might be a local issue for us, it could easily be flipped into a national one...

"The Democrats and Liberals claim that they're not coming for your guns, and just want "common sense" gun control laws".

"Look how that turned out in Democratic run Massachusetts, with the blessing of a Democrat AG".

"If it happened there, it can happen anywhere if Hillary Clinton is elected president".

Doing something like this with a few weeks to ago before the elections, would be idiotic.

While it might be a local issue for us, it could easily be flipped into a national one...

"The Democrats and Liberals claim that they're not coming for your guns, and just want "common sense" gun control laws".

"Look how that turned out in Democratic run Massachusetts, with the blessing of a Democrat AG".

"If it happened there, it can happen anywhere if Hillary Clinton is elected president".

We are on the same wavelength my dude. 100%. I think there is a line there that even she can see very very clearly.

Great point about the proximity of the elections as well, did not even think of that.

I'm not saying this latest claim is credible or not, but let's not underestimate this current AG's office again. She was able to single handedly shutdown all sales of most commonly purchased and owned semi-automatic firearms in Massachusetts in one day with nary a peep from the mainstream media and absolutely zero blowback on her party at the national level.

You really think she's at all concerned about negative publicity at this point?

There are no tweets from the NSSF blog that says anything about licenses being revoked. If Larry Keane tweeted that licenses were being revoked in MA, I would think that it would show up in the link (NSSF tweets are on right hand side of page about 1/2 way down).

http://www.nssfblog.com/

I'm not saying this latest claim is credible or not, but let's not underestimate this current AG's office again. She was able to single handedly shutdown all sales of most commonly purchased and owned semi-automatic firearms in Massachusetts in one day with nary a peep from the mainstream media and absolutely zero blowback on her party at the national level.

She doesn't care how it would make her look, but she should care how it makes her party look.

For the past 8 years (and longer), the NRA has been warning gun owners that Obama/Democrats are coming for their guns.

And for those 8 years, a lot of us (myself included), have pretty much dismissed it as 'it'll never happen'.

Just for shits and giggles, lets suppose Healey was behind something like this; the NRA would pick up that fumble and run with all the way to the goal posts.

It wouldn't even matter if there wasn't any possibility of it happening on a national level.... all you have to do is convince people that it could happen,

and point to MA as evidence.

All those R's saying they'd never vote for Trump, just might have a change of heart.

FWIW, I'm reluctant to believe this story is true, but pending confirmation, I'm not entirety dismissing it either.

I'm thinking either Keane got trolled, was fed bad information, some dumb ass got their LTC revoked and claimed it was because of owning 'MSR's'

(at least I hope that's the case).

My COP said nothing changes with regards to his officers and "on the street" enforcement until EOPSS issues an enforcement letter. We know that Healy turned her nose up at EOPSS' request for more info, so I doubt we'll see an enforcement letter from them anytime soon.

-JR

I find it hard to believe that he would just toss out that crap nugget with no cite or further info.
That would be irresponsible as hell and piss a lot of people off.
Something stinks.

My initial reaction was to get the underwear in the knot. But then the news, while plausible, do not seem right, though.

If this has happened to anyone in this thread or on this site, please contact me. I'd love to know what town, and under what circumstances this is happening. For the record, I practice law in this area.

Any publicity is a good publicity and her "reinterpretation" is getting old, it's a good time to stir shit up.

By the time any legal challenge is decided, she'll plan to sit pretty next to Illary or in Baker's chair. At that point any damage would be moot.

Link? Someone at Bobs started or spread a rumor, or was there an incident there leading to this?
It's probably something like this. Somone got freaked about about something someone said and we're off, the sky is falling in. Unless we have something definitive, I wouldn't be running to the bathroom with the running shits.

My COP said nothing changes with regards to his officers and "on the street" enforcement until EOPSS issues an enforcement letter. We know that Healy turned her nose up at EOPSS' request for more info, so I doubt we'll see an enforcement letter from them anytime soon.

-JR
Tru dat. EOPSS and the AG have traditionally not seen eye-to-eye on a lot of firearms related matters. In my experience that relationship can be pretty dysfunctional. If the chiefs are taking their ques from EOPSS and the FRB it'll be status quo. On the other hand if a politically motivated chief decides to throw his fate in with the AG, there might be some problems.

Realistically, I don't see this happening in any significant way. This is NOT how the AG wants to have the authority of her enforcement notice tested. She's on much firmer grounds defending the NSSF's lawsuit.

Just had a scary thought. Has there ever been an AG appointed to SCOTUS?
If anything AG Healey would be angling for a job in the Clinton administration's justice department. She'd probably not be a top pick for AG, but would a logical choice for one of the divisions like civil rights enforcement.

I am not comfortable until the gun restriction legislation is changed and the Attorney General is impeached. That's my comfort level. Enjoy yours at your own risk.

Vote for Gary Johnson/Bill Weld! That will stop this.[rofl]

Yeah bro. TRUMP needs to win. I hate the 4th Amendment and want stop and frisk back. We need to control access to and what is posted on the internet. We don't need the first amendment, it's for our own good. Also, we should integrate the no-fly list into NICS, because due process, especially when it comes to 2A, has no place in our current world.

Trump4Eva coz guns and freedom.

Mike

If anyone gets the revocation letter and would not like their firearms to go to Village Vault or into police custody, contact your local FFL and see if they'll store your firearms, how much they'll charge, and how long they can be there.

If anyone wants to sell anything that could be a AWB violation, send me a PM with details and I'll give you an amount I'm willing to pay for it.

Yeah bro. TRUMP needs to win. I hate the 4th Amendment and want stop and frisk back. We need to control access to and what is posted on the internet. We don't need the first amendment, it's for our own good. Also, we should integrate the no-fly list into NICS, because due process, especially when it comes to 2A, has no place in our current world.

Trump4Eva coz guns and freedom.

Mike

Make America Grrrreat Again!!

I just got word my renewed LTC is being sent on Friday.... if you were to look up my history of EBRs and ultra scary MSRs and this were true I would not have been renewed..

Actually, maybe not. I could see them revoking your license on paper, not notifying you, relying on you to understand your activity was actually illegal, and require you to voluntarily submit, Constitution be damned. Then at some future date, when you are approached with said weapons, they are in fact, felonies in wait.

While complete rubbish and BS... it is quite Healeyesque

MasShiTchusetts has a registration system.

Yeah but the system is very porous at best. You can have guns on file "in your name" that you don't even own anymore. That's why this doesn't make any sense. The system doesn't know whether you have those 5 AR 15s or you sold them all on 7/19.

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom