LaRue Ultimate Upper Kit?

no, to pin it is an $100 extra charge - look it up, it is dropdown menu option. only the 14.5" has an option to be pinned, no other sizes.
and they only offer the threaded tranquilo brake - i am still not quite sure the threaded brake will be allowed in MA, but, there was no consensus on that. my only logic on that was - a pinned muzzle device becomes a part of the barrel - becomes the barrel, and you cannot have a threaded barrel here in MA, as the whole point to pin the stupid brake is to prevent a possibility to access those threads on the barrel, so, go figure.
If you go with a stealth upper 14.5 you can get an A2 P&W at no extra charge. They come assembled too. But you are looking at $1200 out of the box.

I got a 14.5 from them maybe a month or so ago and was given the choice of having it pinned - yes or no didn't impact the price at all (~$900 assembled). I admittedly wasn't paying much attention to the options or costs for other barrel lengths.

I got a 14.5 from them maybe a month or so ago and was given the choice of having it pinned - yes or no didn't impact the price at all (~$900 assembled). I admittedly wasn't paying much attention to the options or costs for other barrel lengths.
They're charging for it now it seems, they didn't when I ordered mine too

i am still not quite sure the threaded brake will be allowed in MA, but, there was no consensus on that. my only logic on that was - a pinned muzzle device becomes a part of the barrel - becomes the barrel, and you cannot have a threaded barrel here in MA, as the whole point to pin the stupid brake is to prevent a possibility to access those threads on the barrel, so, go figure.

Its fine. Its not the barrel. And even if you believe it is the barrel, here is the actual language of the law:

Flash hider or threaded barrel designed to accommodate one

This threaded barrel (at the end of a brake) is most certainly not designed to accommodate a flash hider. The language of the law only prohibits the barrel threads if it is designed to accommodate a flash hider. You couldn't and wouldn't attach a flash hider to the threads at the end of the muzzle brake.

So its legal.

despite the fact a sound suppressor is also a flash suppressor/hider, by its function? and when you have a muzzle device with threads specifically done to attach a sound suppressor - then what?
anyway, i prefer linear brakes, as they are less loud, to me, so, it is unlikely to change anything, what is the legality issue with tranquilo. if it is indeed 100% legal - only the better.

The tranquilo is a brake, that happens to have external threads.
The threaded barrel issue is negated when the tranquilo is pinned/welded.
You can’t run an A2, pinned or not, because flash hiders are banned.

pls post here an exact weight of the assembled upper alone, with no handle/bolt in it, if you can. i wonder how the 14.5 stealth will compare with 16" predatAr.
The empty weight not including bolt / handle 3.3 lb going to weight it again at work to be sure , ran her Friday very happy with the results great upper.

The empty weight not including bolt / handle 3.3 lb going to weight it again at work to be sure , ran her Friday very happy with the results great upper.
in a same stripped form - PredatAR 16", no bolt/handle - 1444g.

I reweighed my upper at work on a certified scale it was 1820g. big difference from 1444g. The first time I weighted it was in my shop, that scale is way off. The Stealth barrel is way heavier than the Predator , Predator at 16" 1lb 9oz Stealth 16 " 2lb 60oz

i have managed to get to the range this morning, had a lot of fun with new and older rifles, tested 4 types of muzzle brakes on ARs and Bergara, so, in the point of 16" PredatAR - it is very decent, but as it heats up, the accuracy goes way to hell. which is OK, with at least 5 sec gap between shots it is not evident, and 62gr 5.56 green tip was grouping quite great.
pictures are shitty as i did it from the spotting scope, sorry.
after zero - that group of 3 in the middle left, ignore others :
1621529077095.png

and here how group of 20(or may be 25) went in, with 0.5-1sec between shots, rapid fire.
it started awesome - all those hits in the middle, then whole group dropped down-right. last shots were scattered in the bottom. barrel gets really hot compared to stealth.
1621529105281.png
i still quite like it, but, want to figure out what scope to put on it, i want it very light - and the 1-6x vortex is 22.5oz. may be i will get that 1-8x old razor - it is just 13oz, not sure. will see. from other perspective, it is just 300g difference, and a questionable trade-off.

What is this 13 oz 1-8x you speak of?

i still quite like it, but, want to figure out what scope to put on it, i want it very light - and the 1-6x vortex is 22.5oz. may be i will get that 1-8x old razor - it is just 13oz, not sure. will see. from other perspective, it is just 300g difference, and a questionable trade-off.

What is this 13 oz 1-8x you speak of?
this:

the feature i love on the 1-6x viper is the lighted up central dot. just shooting today, again, in bright sun it actually helps big deal, and i like it. but, it is 23oz.
and i had enough time to compare it with 1-10x swampfox arrowhead, again, viper`s glass is much better. i am still keeping arrowhead, but, it is not in the same class.

the razor there is 13.5oz, but, no light and no fancies. still looks like a better scope for the hunting setup. dunno. CMP started shipping my orders chain, so, i am out of any $ reserves now.

for what it matters - one more picture, i like pictures. scope on the 16" went forward, as i set it for a different stock. 20" stays with RAPS.

pintys are there just for fun. i wasted 20 rounds zeroing them, seem to work fine, for a $6 gizmo.
LaRue_2.jpg

Fix your sling
Assuming you're right handed the rear qd should go to right side of stock
it ain`t broken - it is not connected there. for front carry on the right, to carry it behind, on your back - on the left, connectors are on both sides for a reason. i do not like at all where the connector is on the RAPS stock, but, it is a minor issue.

Back
Top Bottom